Play Book Tag discussion

The Tattooist of Auschwitz
This topic is about The Tattooist of Auschwitz
Archive: Other Books > The Tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather Morris - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments Always when I read a book that is set during WW2 I try to think about whether it adds to my previous reading experiences of that time period. There have been so many exceptional WW2 books written, Schindler's Ark, All the Light We Cannot See, the list goes on and on. For me The Tattooist of Auschwitz indeed added another layer to my reading. It is an intensely personal fictional account of WW2 survivor Lale Sokolov's time in Auschwitz and Birkernau as the tattooist. It is a love story that is against all odds, a love story that gave many people hope and a reason to go on. It is the story of a man determined to survive, and determined to improve the lives of those around him. I found the audio performance by Richard Armitage (Thorin Oakenshield!) to be very well done. The book ends with notes from the author and a afterword from the son of Lale and his love, Gita, and to me they elevated the book from a four to a five. The fact that they eventually settled in my home town helped too!

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments You are just throwing books on my TBR pile lately!