Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

La penúltima bondad: Ensayo sobre la vida humana
This topic is about La penúltima bondad
Book Issues > Please, change author name

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Blanca (belaja) | 5 comments Hello,

I'm currently reading the book "La última bondad" by Josep M. Esquirol, but the only edition available on GR has the author's name listed as Josep María Esquirol (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...).

Could you please change the author's name in this book to "Josep M. Esquirol" so that it's listed alongside his other works?

Thank you

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26081 comments Done.

Blanca (belaja) | 5 comments Thank you, Sandra!

message 4: by lethe (last edited Mar 15, 2018 04:45AM) (new)

lethe | 14185 comments Josep Maria (without an accent) Esquirol is how it is written on the cover, and since it is the fuller name, that one should be listed as primary author.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26081 comments Trouble is it would stuff up the photo. I didn't want to mess with it, though I agree it should be the full name. All his other works were listed under the M.

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14185 comments Sandra wrote: "Trouble is it would stuff up the photo."

I must admit I have no idea what you mean :D

Are you talking about merging the profiles? Because I don't think that is a good idea, if all of his other works have M. on the cover.

Just have Josep Maria Esquirol listed first (probably a workaround will be necessary) for this book, and Josep M. Esquirol as secondary author.

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26081 comments It's actually about 50% across all the books for full name/inital.

The full name ones are from publishers in the last couple of years. Like Forgotten Books but of the Spanish variety. So no telling what was on the covers when they were originally published.