Play Book Tag discussion

Bossypants
This topic is about Bossypants
March 2018: Autobiography > (Listopia)>Bossypants by Tina Fey 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

DianeMP | 421 comments Over the years I have enjoyed watching Tina Fey on SNL and in the smattering of movies she has made. This book, however, doesn't even register on the humor scale for me. I gave it three stars because even though I didn't love it I've read worse. She includes many stories about her awkward childhood and adolescence. The better stories are about her adult career in comedy. Her best anecdotes concern her portrayal of her doppleganger Sarah Palin.
If you're looking for a laugh out loud book, this one isn't for you. You might get a snicker or two, but that's about it.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6002 comments I listened to the audio, which Fey does herself. Definitely laughed out loud a few times.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments I felt much life you Diane. It was an entertaining and quick read, but not as laugh out loud funny (for the most part) as I expected.

But I seriously love Tina Fey.

Anita Pomerantz | 6543 comments DianeMP wrote: "Over the years I have enjoyed watching Tina Fey on SNL and in the smattering of movies she has made. This book, however, doesn't even register on the humor scale for me. I gave it three stars becau..."

Agree with your review wholeheartedly. I was interested. But it really wasn't the laugh fest I was expecting.

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments Not a huge Fey fan, but I enjoyed watching her on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Ya'll have convinced me to pass on this book.