♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Suggesting Books > Looking for werewolf reads?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (birds_will_fly) | 5 comments So I'm a new paranormal reader, it's all totally new to me! I have recently read shiver and quite enjoyed it, I have ordered the other two books, could anyone suggest anymore? :D

message 2: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Jul 24, 2014 04:25PM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
I loved Shiver, Linger, and Forever! About to start Sinner.

Loved this series!
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3) by Andrea Cremer

I haven't read these ones yet but have been meaning to.
Hemlock (Hemlock, #1) by Kathleen Peacock Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Do you want only YA or are adult suggestions okay? Just realized there really are not too many werewolves series for YA. Also primarily werewolves or a mixture? I've read some books where there are werewolves but there are also vamps, witches, and faeries. I have tons of paranormal in general recommendations I could give you also.

message 3: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (birds_will_fly) | 5 comments I don't mind books for older ages, I'd prefer dominantly werewolf but I don't kind a little mix. :)

message 4: by Fera (new)

Fera Flies Free (ferananda) | 441 comments Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs
Mercy Thompson's book is a high recommend as well :D

message 5: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new)

Okay great here are some of my fav adult werewolf series

Mercy Thompson series
Mercy is actually a were coyote but everyone else is a werewolf as well as her very hot boyfriend and eventual husband Adam.
Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs

She has another one too that I haven't gotten too yet but will eventually. If you like Mercy then you can check it out. Cry Wolf is the first book in the Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs.

Technically a werecat but shifter series
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent

This series is always recommended to me. I haven't had a chance to read it and not every book has a werewolf as the main character but it is supposed to be amazing. I'm going to try it one of these days...
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2) by Kelley Armstrong

A YA werewolf series also recommended to me.
13 to Life (13 to Life, #1) by Shannon Delany Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2) by Shannon Delany Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3) by Shannon Delany Destiny and Deception (13 to Life, #4) by Shannon Delany Rivals and Retribution (13 to Life, #5) by Shannon Delany

I'd also say try the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris if you haven't read it yet. It is mainly vamps but werewolves and shifters second. There is a lot more about Alcide and werwolves than what the show shows. Sookie dates a weretiger too at one point.

message 6: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (birds_will_fly) | 5 comments Thanks that'll give me some to go on! :) I have recently brought 'The girl with the werewolf tattoo' by alexia wells

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda McDowell (amoore4889) | 6 comments Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Series is amazing. Definitely a must read.

message 8: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Jul 25, 2014 02:03PM) (new)

Amanda wrote: "Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Series is amazing. Definitely a must read."

I've heard very mixed things about Prince of Wolves but it is free so worth a try. http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Wolves-G...

message 9: by Chante (new)

Chante The Mayfair Moon trilogy by J.A Redmerski was really good. This is the first book The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 12 comments I agree with Prince of Wolves and the Nightshade series. I also read Shiver and really liked it.

You can try these...
My Wolf's Bane (Shapes of Autumn, #1) by Veronica Blade Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell

Everyone pretty much already recommended the others I know.. lol

message 11: by Kalei (new)

Kalei | 2 comments The Grey Wolves Series by Quinn Loftis is hands down my favorite book series. If you like werewolves you will love this books. Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves, #2) by Quinn Loftis Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3) by Quinn Loftis Out of the Dark (The Grey Wolves, #4) by Quinn Loftis Beyond the Veil (The Grey Wolves, #5) by Quinn Loftis Fate and Fury (The Grey Wolves, #6) by Quinn Loftis Sacrifice of Love (The Grey Wolves, #7) by Quinn Loftis Luna of Mine (The Grey Wolves, #8) by Quinn Loftis

message 12: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 1 comments shifter series by Rachel Vincent is amazing. everything a paranormal romance series should be! Highly Rec!

message 13: by arabella (new)

arabella | 26 comments Basically The Wolves of Mercy Falls are the best werewolf books ever in my opinion. You could try the novella to it. The mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare has werewolves in it and in general it's really cool.

message 14: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (birds_will_fly) | 5 comments I've just purchased the prince of wolves so I'll have ago at that. :)

message 15: by arabella (new)

arabella | 26 comments Oh cool I've been recommended that also I might try it to.