What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > ya book princess in hiding fights to take back her throne from evil king that killed her parents

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade Pressley | 4 comments A few years ago I read it a fantasy book that was basically a fantasy retelling of Anastasia. A girls parents were killed by some evil guy that made himself king. She was saved and raised by a soldier. She grew up and started a rebel army to take her throne back. I remember something about them collecting crystals maybe and there may have been wizards in it. I know the book cover was purple and I believe it had a purple or pink crystal on the cover. It is killin me that I can’t remember. PLEASE HELP!

message 2: by Rosa (new)

message 3: by Jade (new)

Jade Pressley | 4 comments Yeah that’s not it. I think it started with a C. I can’t seem to find it anywhere I’m starting to think I dreamed it or something hahaha

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 251 comments That sounds familiar to me.....lemme check my shelves.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Fortissima I have no idea what this book is about, except that it's the first book in a series called The Woman King and the MC has to save her own life and see about getting her throne back from her own father. It arrived in one of my email lists of free or cheap books in genres that I'm interested in.

message 6: by James (new)

James Risenhoover (EpsilonAnder) | 7 comments Deltora?

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments Deltora Quest for James's suggestion?

message 8: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4229 comments James wrote: "Deltora?"
Rosa wrote: "Deltora Quest for James's suggestion?"
The heir there was boy though.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 8 comments There's Frogkisser by Garth Nix, but she picked up/got picked up by soldiers after running and getting one magic stone with laws on it, not a crystal. Closest I can think of. And one edition had a purple cover :)

message 10: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments Frogkisser! for the link.

message 11: by Josie (new)

Josie (maid_marian) | 100 comments Could it be Shadow Magic by Patricia Wrede, or Wren's War by Sherwood Smith?

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (lilkatieschneider) | 1 comments Josie wrote: "Could it be Shadow Magic by Patricia Wrede, or Wren's War by Sherwood Smith?"

also thought of Crown Duel by SS

message 13: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments Crown Duel for the link.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Jade, are you still looking for this or did you find it?