Guardian Newspaper 1000 Novels discussion

Announcements > New Moderator!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaycie (new)

Kaycie | 455 comments Mod
Hi All!

Due to life getting in the way and causing me to miss a few polls and threads, I decided it was time to add another moderator to the group to ensure we are able to keep reading together.

So...with all necessary fanfare, let's welcome Darren as the newest moderator! *Cheers!*Applause!*

He's an active member of the group and will definitely be able to help make sure the group stays active!

Thanks, Darren!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisadannatt) | 184 comments Welcome Darren

message 3: by Darren (last edited Mar 15, 2018 03:39AM) (new)

Darren (dazburns) | 638 comments Mod
Wahey! my name in lights as a moderator!
I will try out my new powers soon...
(rubs hands together and makes evil cackling sound) ;o)

seriously though, Thanks Kaycie, I might message you with questions
and if anybody has any criticisms about what I do, or suggestions about what I ought to do, please feel free to message me...

message 4: by Kaycie (new)

No worries - question away! :-) And I'm still around, just...more forgetful. :-)

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 825 comments Congrats Darren!

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 232 comments This is going to sound dumb, but neither one of y'all has the "gold brick" moderator bar.

Are there no *official* moderators for this group?

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 232 comments PS- Not that there's anything wrong with that! :P

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 825 comments Christopher wrote: "This is going to sound dumb, but neither one of y'all has the "gold brick" moderator bar.

Are there no *official* moderators for this group?"

That 'gold brick' thing is optional. Some groups' moderators choose to use it and others don't.

Bryan--The Bee’s Knees (theindefatigablebertmcguinn) | 565 comments I thought the gold brick used to be under Kaycie's name--must have been something she switched off. Anyway, thanks Darren for volunteering.

message 10: by Kaycie (new)

Honestly I've never noticed the gold brick moderator thing for this group!

message 11: by Kaycie (new)

Oh hey, turns out its just a checkbox in the moderator settings! I guess you're NOW official, Darren! ;-)

message 12: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Welcome, Darren! We'll try to be nice...

message 13: by Darren (new)

Darren (dazburns) | 638 comments Mod
the polls seemed to go OK and we have 2 books lined up for April, which I will put on group bookshelf and start discussion threads for soon

also, I was thinking of sending a message to all group members telling them about the April books - does anybody think that's a bad idea?

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee | 22 comments Darren wrote: "the polls seemed to go OK and we have 2 books lined up for April, which I will put on group bookshelf and start discussion threads for soon

also, I was thinking of sending a message to all group m..."

I just joined, so am very new to the group, but I think a reminder message is a good idea. Many people belong to a lot of groups and sending a reminder message might be a good way to get more people interested in reading the books, and they will know what is coming up. I don't belong to very many groups, but I still have trouble remembering which books are coming up. Other reads, and life can get in the way, and make it easy to forget :)

Bryan--The Bee’s Knees (theindefatigablebertmcguinn) | 565 comments I appreciate the reminders I get from other groups, so if that means anything, I say go for it. I have to plan out my reads in advance due to being away from home a lot--it can help me pack a book I normally wouldn't have

message 16: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 825 comments Darren wrote: "the polls seemed to go OK and we have 2 books lined up for April, which I will put on group bookshelf and start discussion threads for soon

also, I was thinking of sending a message to all group m..."

I think it is a good idea :)

message 17: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Good luck!!