Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Update book cover image

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Fletcher (dlfletcher) | 22 comments Hi

Sorry if this is a duplicate... I am trying to update my book the Dying Butterfly. I have set the description that I want to primary but I can't seem to update the cover. The area I thought was it reads that it isn't for book covers. I tried to add a new edition but it won't allow me to remove the isbn on one edition, so as I try to add a new ine it won't let me since the isbn is already used. All edition book covers on goodreads are no longer being used. The link I am pasting in here is the new cover I am using. I understand the amazon links for my cover is acceptable so that is the one I am pasting in.

Please let me know if you need anything else form me. I am so sorry to trouble you with this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Much appreciated.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1537135...

message 2: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 729 comments Hi, D.L.

Goodreads doesn't delete or replace existing cover images. This is because we don’t want to delete an image that a member might have on the book they purchased. Instead, we create an alternate cover edition and set this as the default edition. As a Goodreads Author, you can do this by following the instructions and policy guidelines in the Librarian Manual - https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

I have reverted the changes you recently made to the book's Description, as the inclusion of reviews is against Goodreads policy, as described here - https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/404

message 3: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Fletcher (dlfletcher) | 22 comments Sorry, though my account is older I am only JUST started using the author parts of my account. It seemed pretty self explanatory when I went in to edit the versions that I could select the description I wanted - or just updated.

I will look into the links you sent and see what I can figure out from there.

I appreciate your assistance, and again so sorry to have troubled you.

message 4: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 729 comments D.L. wrote: "I appreciate your assistance, and again so sorry to have troubled you. "

Not at all. If you still encounter any problems, feel free to post again in a new Thread and ask a Librarian. If you can give Goodreads and Amazon links and ISBNs for all editions that need updating, that will help.

message 5: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Fletcher (dlfletcher) | 22 comments Actually your links helped. I think I have it all figured out.

At least I hope... Seems clear. If I did anything wrong please don't boot me. :)

message 6: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 729 comments D.L. wrote: "Actually your links helped. I think I have it all figured out. At least I hope... Seems clear. If I did anything wrong please don't boot me. :)"

That all looks okay, D.L. This new ISBN policy is new to Users, Authors and Librarians, so will take a bit of time to get used to. The only thing you missed was to add a note and link to the new edition in the Description of the old (to prevent the books being mistakenly edited further), which I've done for you.

message 7: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Fletcher (dlfletcher) | 22 comments Awesome! It seemed pretty clear. glad I didn't mess it up. Thanks again for all your help! :)