What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Curse of the Blue Figurine
This topic is about The Curse of the Blue Figurine
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's novel about a ring. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shauna (new) - added it

Shauna I read a book when I was in 4th grade, early 1990's (I know this because I vaguely vaguely remember the in-class book report I did). It had to do with a magic ring and it was definitely not Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit, although undoubtedly a knock-off. I remember the book being atmospheric and suspenseful, rather than sci fi. The boy in the story (orphan?) would put on the ring and be transported but I think it was against his will. At one point in the story, a bad guy put the ring on the boy's pillow and the boy accidentally slipped the ring on. I keep mixing it up with Phantom Tollbooth so I think it was a "read-alike" for that book.

message 2: by Sirvantes (new)

Sirvantes | 93 comments Long shot, but it might be "The Magician's Nephew" by C.S. Lewis, which is aimed at the 4th/5th grade level.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34467 comments Mod
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis - Sirvantes' suggestion

message 4: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (Nidhogg) | 43 comments The bad guy making the ring appear on the boy's pillow is strongly suggestive of The Curse of the Blue Figurine by Bellairs.

message 5: by Shauna (new) - added it

Shauna Alexis, you are right! Curse of the Blue Figurine!!!! Thanks!

message 6: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (Nidhogg) | 43 comments Shauna wrote: "Alexis, you are right! Curse of the Blue Figurine!!!! Thanks!"

Glad you were able to reconnect with it. One of my all-time faves as a kid.