Bookalicious Book Club discussion

Least favorite book/series?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LaNona (new)

LaNona | 1166 comments Mod
What's a book or series that you hated?

message 2: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah   (Beka751) | 1 comments I hated the Fifty Shades of Grey series. I couldn't get pass the first book it made me angry. Also, Twilight was horrible too and I didn't like her writing style.

message 3: by LaNona (new)

Rebekah wrote: "I hated the Fifty Shades of Grey series. I couldn't get pass the first book it made me angry. Also, Twilight was horrible too and I didn't like her writing style."

Ah, I hated Death Marked. It was a book two in a duology, I loved book one, but book two was so HORRIBLE. It started out good, and then......

message 4: by Desara (new)

Desara (desarathebooknerd) | 920 comments Mod
Fifty Shades of Grey because I like most series except for this one.

message 5: by LaNona (new)

Desara wrote: "Fifty Shades of Grey because I like most series except for this one."

Ah, I don't like it either.

message 6: by LaNona (new)

I really disliked Fallen by Lauren Kate- at the time it came out it was probably amazing with all the cliches and frustrating and annoying characters, but for me it just made me want to tear my hair out :(

message 7: by Desara (new)

Ahhh that must of been frustrating!

message 8: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) | 543 comments I didn’t really like the Prodigy series
It just wasn’t what I expected and I
tried to lower my expectations
but it just didn’t work😕

message 9: by Desara (new)

That stinks

message 10: by LaNona (new)

Its always the worst when I have expectations for a book- that's when it seems to just hit rock bottom y'know?

I waited forever to read Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones and the main character killed it for me!

message 11: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) | 543 comments Hahaha same!!

message 12: by LaNona (new)

BookNerd wrote: "Hahaha same!!"

I'm not alone!! Lol xD

message 13: by Desara (new)

Same hahaha!

message 14: by Grilled (new)

Grilled Toast (grilledtoast) | 50 comments I didn’t like the second book in the life as we knew it series. It was bad and her take on religion and women I did not like.

message 15: by LaNona (new)

Grilled wrote: "I didn’t like the second book in the life as we knew it series. It was bad and her take on religion and women I did not like."

Did you like the first book in the series? I find it frustrating how it's usually the sequel in a series that ruins the characters or the plot of a perfectly good series!

message 16: by Grilled (new)

Grilled Toast (grilledtoast) | 50 comments Yes I loved the first book! The second one was not even the same characters. The third and fourth were okay, nothing really special about them.

message 17: by LaNona (new)

Grilled wrote: "Yes I loved the first book! The second one was not even the same characters. The third and fourth were okay, nothing really special about them."

Did it mention the characters from the first book at all? I hate when you get attached to them in one book and they're not even in the next one!

message 18: by Grilled (new)

Grilled Toast (grilledtoast) | 50 comments Nope. Never. The were in the third and fourth though.

Didn’t really care for characters in the second. Thought one of them was sexist and rude towards women (unluckily he was the MAIN CHARACTER.) and he didn’t even know how to make mac and cheese by himself (he’s 16-17ish) And was always preaching about “mans jobs”.
It was annoying. His sisters were better than him.

message 19: by LaNona (new)

Grilled wrote: "Nope. Never. The were in the third and fourth though.

Didn’t really care for characters in the second. Thought one of them was sexist and rude towards women (unluckily he was the MAIN CHARACTER.) ..."

Yikes, I hate when that happens in a book :(

message 20: by Desara (new)

I agree!

message 21: by Bailey (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) | 543 comments SAME!!

message 22: by Desara (new)

we haven’t posted in this discussion recently so what are some of your least favorite books at the moment?

message 23: by LaNona (new)

I just saw this!!

Least favorite is definitely Boy in the Mirror, I hated it so much. I had picked it up cause the plot sounded cool and interesting, and....yeah no there was nothing I liked about it at all not even the idea or plot (which was why I had picked it up!).

message 24: by Desara (new)

yikes! good thing now i know not to pick it up!

message 25: by LaNona (new)

I still wish I hadn't :(
Any you've disliked lately?

message 26: by Desara (new)

i really disliked Girl Online, I thought it was written childishly and it seemed like the adult writing this book tried WAYYY too hard to understand the ways of teens and i couldn’t finish it

message 27: by LaNona (new)

Oof, sorry it was a letdown! Hopefully you'll find some awesome reads you'll love soon!!

message 28: by Desara (new)

i have thank you!!

message 29: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes You by Caroline Kepnes -- I couldn't even read 50 pages of this. If you're going to write a book about a stalker, shouldn't the stalkee be sympathetic?

message 30: by Desara (new)

E X A C T L Y