Challenge Corner discussion

Grace Street (Chapter 8, #1)
This topic is about Grace Street
Let's Buddy! - Series > Chapter 8 duology by Ella Dominguez - Starting March 15th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 233 (233 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Felicia | 14794 comments Mod
Warning: this is neither a conventional romance nor a traditional love story. There are no hearts and flowers on the pages of this book. The heroine doesn't always make wise choices and though I've tried to make her strong, she's often times weak in the face of the fierce hero. The hero is not a knight in shining armor. He's broken and frequently cruel, and what every woman in the real world should avoid. What's contained within this book is fiction—dark, depraved and decadent make-believe. Contains erotic elements, uncomfortable situations, and descriptions that may trigger past memories of abuse. Intended for readers 18+

Obsession, possession, resilience, insanity...

Seeking solitude and reprieve from her past failed relationships, Elsa begins her life anew in Richmond, hoping to find the change that she so desperately needs. Things are looking up for her—a new job, new friends, a fresh start.

But Victor has different plans for her. From the moment he heard Elsa’s voice, she became next on his to-do list—his Chapter 8. A well-known and respected criminal profiler, his mind is as dark as the criminals he hunts down. It takes one to know one, after all. Under the guise of making his subjects stronger, he intends to break Elsa down using everything in his arsenal—including pleasure, pain, humiliation, and things unspeakable.

Lonely, still on the mend from a bad break-up and longing for attention—Elsa consents to an odd proposition. Initially unaware of Victor’s plans, she quickly realizes that the casual encounter she agreed to is, in fact, a cruel psychological game with no ending in sight. She may be one in a long line of test subjects for Victor; however, she can't be broken so easily. What he puts her through only fuels the fire burning within her—a flame that begins to blaze out of control as she becomes obsessed with everything about Victor and peeling back his cruel layers in search of the real man hiding beneath his heartless facade.

In Victor's world, there is no such thing as happily ever after, and Chapter 8 proves to be an infuriating challenger when she flips the tables on his selfish and twisted game, a game they both may end up losing their hearts and minds over.

message 2: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Starting this one now. 😁

Probably gonna get a good way through it tonight and tomorrow morning because my internet is being switched to a faster service and I don’t have internet until tomorrow at 2pm when they get to my house to turn it on.

So me and my Kindle are going to be inseparable for awhile.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) I have yet to start this. I've been reading my two arcs.

message 4: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Don’t worry. I didn’t even get to it. Me and my sister decided to have a Marvel movie marathon. Watched Captain America, Iron Man 1, and Iron Man 2. Then we got Thor to watch today. Can you tell we’re getting ready for the new Avengers movie? 😂

And my internet is going to be turned on today. So I’ll have to be with the technician for a bit. So I don’t even know how much I’ll get done today. 😩

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Don’t worry. I didn’t even get to it. Me and my sister decided to have a Marvel movie marathon. Watched Captain America, Iron Man 1, and Iron Man 2. Then we got Thor to watch today. Can you tell we..."

That's okay. I have my German homework to do and I watched Thor Ragnarok last night. I have my two arcs to read and two other books on top of that.

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 51738 comments Mod
Just have to finish off some other Kindle/BR books before I dive into this one!!

message 7: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Don’t worry. I didn’t even get to it. Me and my sister decided to have a Marvel movie marathon. Watched Captain America, Iron Man 1, and Iron Man 2. Then we got Thor to watch today...."

You watched Thor! I need to watch it. I meant to go see it in IMAX when it came out but totally forgot. It’s on my Marvel list though. ☺️

@Alaina, can’t wait for you to start! I’ve started this one about 20% in.

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

jfkdljflad I'm dying to dive into this book! I just have so many that I'm almost done with and then I'll be freeeeeee!

message 9: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina wrote: "jfkdljflad I'm dying to dive into this book! I just have so many that I'm almost done with and then I'll be freeeeeee!"

Hahaha. You’re almost there! Lol.

message 10: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

End of chapter 10. 43%(view spoiler)

message 11: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

51%(view spoiler)

Jamie! Where are you! I need you! Lol.

message 12: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

52%(view spoiler)

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "51%I just don't even know! This book is so back and forth. Like one second he is a good guy. Then a split second later he's back to being a douche bag.

And making her look at photos of her ex? I m..."

Girl I promise I will catch up. It's been a busy weekend and a busy day at work. I will play catch up soon.

message 14: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

No worries! I'm just so torn with this damn book! I need help deciding what the hell my effin' feels are doing! Lol.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "No worries! I'm just so torn with this damn book! I need help deciding what the hell my effin' feels are doing! Lol."

Oh ok. Another bad note, I have a horrible headache today. Don't know how much reading I will get done.

message 16: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ouch. That sucks. I'm sorry. Did you take some medicine? I hate headaches. Normally medicine doesn't work for me. I hope it works for you. Lol.

message 17: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

58%(view spoiler)

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Ouch. That sucks. I'm sorry. Did you take some medicine? I hate headaches. Normally medicine doesn't work for me. I hope it works for you. Lol."

No it doesn't work for me. I normally have to take stuff that is prescribed to me from a doctor but I hate taking pills. I just deal with it unless it's really bad to the point I can't function. Then I suck it up to take a pill.

message 19: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Damn. I'm sorry. That sounds awful. ):

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Damn. I'm sorry. That sounds awful. ):"

I'll be fine.

message 21: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

72%(view spoiler)

86%(view spoiler)

message 22: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

So I finished the first book. I just don’t even know what to say. I’m so thoroughly mind fucked it’s insane. You’d think I was a character in this book. Lol.

I can’t wait for y’all to start reading!

I’ll post a finished spoiler tomorrow when I get to work. On my phone now and this app sucks. 😑

On to book two!

message 23: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Man! It's been like 12 hours since I finished this book. And I'm already 15% into the second book and I still just don't know how to feel! Lol. I cannot wait until you guys get to this book!

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

21%(view spoiler)

This book makes me want to rip my fucking hair out! -.-

message 25: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie, how's your arcs coming along?! :D

message 26: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

34%(view spoiler)

message 27: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

soooo close to reading these boooksss. damn reviews!

message 28: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol. No worries! I'm sure you'll end up catching up to me ridiculously fast. :D

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) I was going to start this today. Finally I know, but then work decided hey let's get super busy. I'm only able to write this because I am on hold on the phone in order to get an authorization to replace a part.

message 30: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

lol dang! well i'm taking a break from reviews and such to go out and get wine before the snow gets really bad xD then back to reading I go! Well, I guess review writing I go..

message 31: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "I was going to start this today. Finally I know, but then work decided hey let's get super busy. I'm only able to write this because I am on hold on the phone in order to get an authorization to re..."

Damn. Work sucks. Lol. This is your busy time too if I remember correctly?

@Alaina, you better get yo' wine girl! Lol. I can't wait to get home so I can finish this damn book. I keep getting inturrupted at work with phones and such. -.-

message 32: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

😂😂 girl I got my 🍷🍷🍷

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "I was going to start this today. Finally I know, but then work decided hey let's get super busy. I'm only able to write this because I am on hold on the phone in o..."

Yes it is. It's really starting to pick up.

message 34: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

58%(view spoiler)

message 35: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished the second book. And just holy shit. Gonna take the night to process and update y’all tomorrow.

Alaina, wasn’t there a novella of some sort that I seen you found or something? Or am I imagining things? I might be because it’s late and I’m tired. Lol. 😴

message 36: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes there was. It was super short like 30 pages I think?

message 37: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I was hoping that it was like an after book. But it's a before book. So, bleh.

message 38: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah.. I saw you said you finished this duology already! I'm so behind but I'm going to post so many BR comments for the books I've read then go onto this one :D It's already open on my kindle

message 39: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay good! :D

I'm going to start either Insatiable or Phenominal X. Haven't decided yet. I think probably Insatiable. Since it's going to be a short read. (:

message 40: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Haha ok ☺️

message 41: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I really want to write my review for this book. But my boss is in the room connected to mine and I don't want to look like I'm not doing work because I'm typing a shit ton. Lol. Gaaaah. I wish she would just go upstairs. Lmfao.

message 42: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

FINALLY! She went upstairs! Lmao. Now to write my review and update y'all on my finishing this book! :D

message 43: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay, finished the second book.

(view spoiler)

message 44: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

😂😂😂

message 45: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

I do that at work too because they always tell me I should write my own book when I’m typing up reviews

message 46: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

This series got like the most in depth reveiws I've ever written. Lol. I just couldn't help it.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) After being a bad book buddy for four days I am finally starting this.

message 48: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "After being a bad book buddy for four days I am finally starting this."

lol does that mean I'm a bad book buddy too?

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Alaina wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "After being a bad book buddy for four days I am finally starting this."

lol does that mean I'm a bad book buddy too?"

No, I haven't been reading as much as I should have. You have been reading and writing reviews. I feel like a slump might be coming on. Hence why I feel like a bad book buddy.

message 50: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "After being a bad book buddy for four days I am finally starting this."

lol does that mean I'm a bad book buddy too?"

No, I haven't been reading a..."

OH NO! NOT A SLUMP! I will motivate the heck out of you to read!

« previous 1 3 4 5