Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Archives > Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emily Bourque (emilyardoin) | 7023 comments Mod
Just finished this one for 2018 Prompt 1: A, T, and Y in the title!

If I hadn't already read a book for the science category, this one definitely would have gone in there. It could also fit in the 2017 GR Choice Awards prompt.

I was surprised at how little I understood in this book and also how much I enjoyed it. Once I let go of the need to fully grasp everything (as if there were to be a test!), I began enjoying it more. A lot of it went over my head, but there were a few "ah-ha" moments and funny quips that I enjoyed, and the last chapter of the book was simply beautiful.

Katie | 2369 comments I read it this year for PopSugar. I love the cover. And I love the conversational style of the writing. My favorite line was when he said "dark matter is our frenemy." I was impressed at the skill he had in making a difficult topic accessible to the masses.

Lisa | 54 comments I read this for 2019's Week 14: A book with a title, subtitle or cover relating to an astronomical term. I realized I watch a lot of documentaries while listening to the audiobook. I enjoyed how the author made the great minds of the distant and not so distant past accessible.

message 4: by Khristina (new) - added it

Khristina (readingreckless) | 33 comments This would work for the Goodreads Summer Challenge for me.

Back to school: Read a book about a subject you don't know much about.