Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Throne of Glass discussion

Recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu I am in love with this series. I want recommendations of simliar books while I wait for the next release. The similarities I am looking for is in the author writing style, age rating, pace or geners. I thought of reading Sarah J Maas's other series but reviews said it is 17+ so I dropped it.
It is always confusing when it comes to choosing a new series/book. Specially when one can only get books through online bookstores =(.

Celestia you should read ANYTHING by Rick Riorden(?). I have read them ALL at least twice because they are AWESOME!!!!!

lily lee Although it's not similar when it comes to the whole 'assassin' genre, I do have a recommendation when it comes to a similar style of writing.
You could try to give Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marillier a chance, it has some of the magic elements but it's relatively reality based. It's a trilogy and it's honestly my second favourite series after Throne of Glass series.

Sophia The Six of Crows series, the Graceling trilogy, This Savage Song series and the Illuminae Files Series are all super good and similar to TOG when it comes to pacing/genre/age rating.

lily lee yipee new series to read. Thank you for the recommendations, Sophia!

Sophia 리리 wrote: "yipee new series to read. Thank you for the recommendations, Sophia!"
You're welcome! Hope you like them!

Rachel Lindsey Poison Study

message 8: by Annalisa97 (last edited Mar 31, 2018 04:50AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Annalisa97 Completely agree with Sophia about Six of Crows (and the Grisha trilogy by the same author is also great) and Illuminae files. Even though Illuminae files is a science-fiction instead of fantasy, like Throne of Glass, it is very good.
You could also try Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Lunar Chronicles (even though like the Illuminae files The Lunar Chronicles is also more of a science-fiction ;) )
And maybe the Mistborn trilogy, it is somwhere in between young adult and adult but I wouldn't set any age limit on it and don't remember it having anything too graphic either brutal or sexual.

message 9: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu Celestia wrote: "you should read ANYTHING by Rick Riorden(?). I have read them ALL at least twice because they are AWESOME!!!!!"

Thank you, I'll make sure I check him out!!

message 10: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu 리리 wrote: "Although it's not similar when it comes to the whole 'assassin' genre, I do have a recommendation when it comes to a similar style of writing.
You could try to give Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marill..."

It doesn't need to be assassin genre since it is what I cared least about in ToG. The whole universe Sarah created there is wonderful, for example. I think it is my favourite thing about the series. I seek that detailed and creative universe building in most books I read. That's why HP and ToG are on my top list of good books. As for reality mixed fantasy, I don't really mind it as long as the mix is well and not awkward full of flaws.
Thank you for your recommendation, I'll check out the book!

message 11: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu Sophia wrote: "The Six of Crows series, the Graceling trilogy, This Savage Song series and the Illuminae Files Series are all super good and similar to TOG when it comes to pacing/genre/age rating."

I lived the first book of Graceling but that was it. I decided not to read the third after finishing the second. I did't like the route the writer chose for her story. Her focuse sadly, shifted from writing a good plot to writting hidden messages that didn't help the story progress nor the plot at all.

As for the rest of your recommendation, I appreciate them very much! I'll make sure checking them. Thanks!

message 12: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu Ryan wrote: "soo late ,, but we have enjoy reads this book"

I am still reading the 5th book, Empire of Storms. I love it so far. It might be the best of the series. As it is fast paced but also rich on contents the writer spent a lot of time building in the few last books.

message 13: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu Rachel wrote: "Poison Study"
I'll add that to my check list. Thank you for your recommendation.

message 14: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu Annalisa97 wrote: "Completely agree with Sophia about Six of Crows (and the Grisha trilogy by the same author is also great) and Illuminae files. Even though Illuminae files is a science-fiction instead of fantasy, l..."

I could use a chace and read sci-fi. Sometimes I tire from reading much about kingdoms and empires. It is good to have a recommendation of some other genre then.

I have DoSaB on my to read list for a long time, I just didn't feel motivated to buy it. Now I think I have. Thank you for your recommendations.

message 15: by lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

lily lee Mesuzu wrote: "Ryan wrote: "soo late ,, but we have enjoy reads this book"

I am still reading the 5th book, Empire of Storms. I love it so far. It might be the best of the series. As it is fast paced but also ri..."

So am i tbh. I'm at a point where I'm refusing to finish the book 'cause i'm in denial that ToG is ending. I do have Tower of Dawn, Assassin's Blade and Court of Thorns and Roses on hand but somehow i really don't want ToG to end.

Celestia 리리 wrote: "Mesuzu wrote: "Ryan wrote: "soo late ,, but we have enjoy reads this book"

I am still reading the 5th book, Empire of Storms. I love it so far. It might be the best of the series. As it is fast pa..."

I have pretty much the same feelings but I finished EoS and don't really want to read ToD and already read all of the Court books by Sarah J. Maas

message 17: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu 리리 wrote: "Mesuzu wrote: "Ryan wrote: "soo late ,, but we have enjoy reads this book"

I am still reading the 5th book, Empire of Storms. I love it so far. It might be the best of the series. As it is fast pa..."

I finished it today...
While I am pained to finish it fast and having to wait until the next realese.. I had to do it for my reading challenge. I have other books in hand to read. Though I doubt any will be as good as ToG for now.

message 18: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu Celestia wrote: "리리 wrote: "Mesuzu wrote: "Ryan wrote: "soo late ,, but we have enjoy reads this book"

I am still reading the 5th book, Empire of Storms. I love it so far. It might be the best of the series. As it..."

I finished reading it today.. Now I have to deal with the pain of waiting the next book of the series...

Aileen You could try the
Starcrossed trilogy by Josephine Angeline
the World Walker Trilogy also by Josephine Angelini
Daughter of Dusk by Liva Blackburne
Zodiac by Romania Russell
Talon saga by Julie Kagawa
the Lone City series by Amy Ewing
the Young Elites by Marie Lu
And literally anything by Cassandra Claire

message 20: by Mesuzu (new) - added it

Mesuzu Aileen wrote: "You could try the
Starcrossed trilogy by Josephine Angeline
the World Walker Trilogy also by Josephine Angelini
Daughter of Dusk by Liva Blackburne
Zodiac by Romania Russell
Talon saga by Julie Ka..."

I'm very thankful for your reply!

I checked these books and series'. I have to say romance is the last thing I think of while reading a fantasy book. But that also doesn't mean I absloutly hate it. I do enjoy it as a side genre.
Also, thank you! I've been trying to tap on some new genres like sicfi but didn't know where to start. You gave me a way to start!

I am very interested in Zodiac, as I am interested in astrology to some extent. So this is a must read.

Daughter of Dusk sounds curious too, I'll try to check that.

As of Talon Saga, instead I'd like to ask you if you read The Iron Fey by the same author? How is it? I've been eyeing it for long but shying away because of confusing reviews. I'd like to read about feys.

Lastly, I've had a bad experince with Cassandra Claire, the Infernal Devices trilogy.. I don't think I like her ways with plots.

Thank you again for your stop ♡