Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Reader for a 100K YA Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell Roy-Raia | 9 comments Below is basically the body of my query letter to give you an idea of what you are getting into:

Eighteen-year-old Serge Colletti is an impulsive, self-aware rebel with dreams of grandeur whose father and brother went missing a year ago. While attending their funeral, a scream erupts and Serge sees his brother, Vince. He shambles into Serge’s arms, bloodied and disoriented, but remains silent about where he’s been.

After being assumed dead for a year, Vince finds he can’t reintegrate into normal life. He hasn’t told a soul about his time in the magical, parallel world of Placu—but he can’t stop thinking about the world that made him a hero.

When signs emerge that Placu might want him back, Vince returns to the portal between the two worlds—which he destroyed so he couldn’t return. But he finds it repaired, and is greeted by the God of Light, Dagoroth. The angelic fiend tells Vince that he wasn’t a hero but merely a herald of the true champion of Placu—his brother, Serge. In a desperate bid to save his brother from such a burden, Vince travels back—but finds he’s not quite cut out to be a hero anymore.

If you are still with me, I'm looking for a beta reader/s that can help me with identifying pacing issues, anything that just doesn't work, clunky dialogue ect. Any help would be tremendously appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella Vacaroaia | 32 comments Hi Mitchell,

Your book sounds like a lot of fun! Would you be interested in a swap, by any chance? I've written an 85K NA Sci-fi.
Please contact me at ticagirl97@gmail.com

Good luck!
Ella

message 3: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (ladyofbookscoffee) I'm very interested in reading this and would be happy to give you an honest review.

message 4: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell Roy-Raia | 9 comments Gabrielle wrote: "I'm very interested in reading this and would be happy to give you an honest review."

Awesome thank you so much Gabrielle, my email is mproyrai@buffalo.edu shoot me an email and I'll send you my manuscript. Thank you again!

message 5: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell Roy-Raia | 9 comments Ella wrote: "Hi Mitchell,

Your book sounds like a lot of fun! Would you be interested in a swap, by any chance? I've written an 85K NA Sci-fi.
Please contact me at ticagirl97@gmail.com

Good luck!
Ella"

Just emailed my manuscript over to you, feel free to send me yours back! Thank you again Ella!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 17 comments This sounds fun- good idea and I am interested in reading it but I feel like I would be too picky. So many edits needed in your blurb. But if you said I should read it for content- I could overlook the glaring edits and just give you my opinion on specific questions you might have on plot or reality etc. just so you know, I am a university sciences professor and have taught every grade from pre- k to adult. I am used to editing for whatever is needed :D

message 7: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell Roy-Raia | 9 comments I’d appreciate that Melissa! If you want to send me an email at mproyrai@buffalo.edu I’ll send you the manuscript and give you a better idea of what I’m looking for, it’s all content that I need advice on.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 17 comments Just sent an email from my personal email melisapikul