What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance book about a guy who finds out he has a kid with an old girlfriend that he realises he's still in love with and wants her back but is engaged to someone else. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chilali (last edited Mar 17, 2018 11:40AM) (new)

Chilali stewart | 2 comments Spoiler ahead!!

So I read this book about a year ago and have the urge to re-read it but suddenly can't find it. It's about a guy and girl who were in love with each other when they were younger and the night before the guy goes off to join the army, they slept together, resulting in the girl getting pregnant. The guy left before she found out and I don't think she ever really told him because her parents didn't approve of her getting pregnant at such a young age and out of wedlock. So her parents sent her to an Amish community to have her child and when she had the child she moved away from the Amish community and her parents to a small town to start her own handmade soap business. The guy shows up in town to visit an old army friend and bumps into the child (the child is a girl btw and is about 7 or 8) in a supermarket and realizes that the little girl is his when the mum comes around the corner. So the guy wants to get to know his daughter and realizes that he is still in love with the girl but he is engaged to someone else so he settles for just being friends while getting to know his daughter. But in the end, the girl that he is engaged to doesn't want him to get to know his daughter because she thinks he'll just focus on his daughter and not her, so he ends it with her and gets back together with the mother of his child.

I don't know if this is too much information but this is everything I can remember and I'm really annoyed that I cant find this book and really hope that some of you have read it.

message 2: by Chilali (new)

Chilali stewart | 2 comments I also just remembered that the guy's name is Joseph and the little girl's name is Josephine

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Chilali, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

With Me (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Gabbie S. Duran (other topics)