Read 4 Review discussion

The Summer of Crud
This topic is about The Summer of Crud
Contemporary Fiction > Seeking Reviews for a Dark, Disturbing Coming-of-Age Literary Novel

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan (new) - added it

Jonathan LaPoma (jonlapoma) | 9 comments Hi,

I'm seeking reviews for my coming of age literary novel The Summer of Crud. The Summer of Crud follows a troubled 22-year-old songwriter who takes a cross-country US road trip with a friend after they graduate from college. He hopes the trip will help him to unlock his songwriting potential, start a band, and avoid having to student teach in the fall, but following his dream slowly begins tearing him apart.

The Summer of Crud was recommended by Barnes & Noble (B&N Press Presents selection) and Kirkus Reviews, who called it, "A slender fast-paced, fever-dreamed excursion . . . undeniably addictive."

I can send a PDF, MOBI, EPUB, or print copy.

FYI, the novel contains heavy profanity, graphic sexual situations, violence, sexual abuse, and drug/alcohol abuse.

Thanks!

Jon

Lisa M (iamalisa) | 3 comments Hi Jon
Hope all Is well! I would love to read your book. Let me know if you need my address since I’m “ old school” and still read print
Thanks!
Lisa

message 3: by Jonathan (last edited Mar 14, 2018 09:18PM) (new) - added it

Jonathan LaPoma (jonlapoma) | 9 comments No problem, Lisa! I just mailed you a copy.

Just FYI, this one is much shorter and darker than Understanding the Alacran, and it shows more about the main character's mental state before he went to Mexico.

I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you're also doing well!

-Jon