Stephen King Fans discussion

Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower, #6)
This topic is about Song of Susannah
Dark Tower Buddy Read 2017-18 > Dark Tower #6- Song of Susannah - Mar 2018

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
Here's the thread...sorry, folken..not meaning to be late. I have forgotten the face of my father.

Song of Susannah - Stephen King

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 974 comments I was rather disappointed with this one. I didn't like how he left things. I really didn't care that he wrote himself into it but that's just my opinion.

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 974 comments I'm sorry I don't know how to do spoilers and I can't edit my post.

Marcus Peterson | 142 comments Finally, I get to talk about the skolpadda!

message 5: by mrbooks (last edited Mar 14, 2018 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

mrbooks | 1469 comments Chris wrote: "Here's the thread...sorry, folken..not meaning to be late. I have forgotten the face of my father.

Song of Susannah - Stephen King"

Nay do not speak so, you have not forgotten the face of your father, you know it well you know it very well.

Besides I'm only half way through the Wolves of the Calla.

Marcus Peterson | 142 comments I thought there was good stuff in this book, but it felt a little too short and too interstitial-y for my taste. Kinda setting up the last book without resolving much from the previous.

Marcus Peterson | 142 comments "last" meaning VII

message 8: by Tammira (new) - added it

Tammira | 8 comments My copy just came in from Amazon!! Starting this today :D

Marcus Peterson | 142 comments Woot

Anthony DeRosa | 13 comments It was different from the others. don't know too many authors that can write themselves into an established series like that. Setting up for the final showdown.

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments This is the next book (the book I am starting tonight) to read in May. I know, I am a month behind.

mrbooks | 1469 comments Fear not Nancy I had to take a break as I was getting burnt out so I wont be starting the dark tower until next month.

message 13: by Nick (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nick Iuppa | 3992 comments According to my Kindle, I'm 20% through, but I checked out The Outsider last night and it was so good, I'm going to set Susannah aside until I finish that one. Should be back to it in a few days.

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments I just started this tonight.

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments So I was wondering (view spoiler)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments At 53% last night...

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments Linda wrote: "I was rather disappointed with this one. I didn't like how he left things. I really didn't care that he wrote himself into it but that's just my opinion."

I remember the first time I read this and I was cringing at the parts he wrote himslef in. I kept thinking that it was just weird.

Reading it again, some things about it are fun. Like Roland telling him to include things about The Dark Tower whenever he writes. Or are his stories just stories or things that happened in other worlds?

Nancy (paper_addict) | 914 comments Getting close to being finished. At the Dixie Pig...

mrbooks | 1469 comments Avoid the blue plate special at the Dixie Pig...

Murray Moore | 99 comments Just finished Song of Susannah today. Can't wait to see how it ends.

message 21: by Nick (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nick Iuppa | 3992 comments Murray wrote: "Just finished Song of Susannah today. Can't wait to see how it ends."

I'm about halfway through, way behind because of other reads, but really enjoying it again.

Murray Moore | 99 comments I liked it. Getting ready to start Salem's Lot.

Murray Moore | 99 comments mrbooks I agree that part is a little gruesome.

message 24: by Nick (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nick Iuppa | 3992 comments Nancy wrote: "Linda wrote: "I was rather disappointed with this one. I didn't like how he left things. I really didn't care that he wrote himself into it but that's just my opinion."

I remember the first time I..."

I just finished the part where King becomes part of the story and I thought he did it pretty well. Interesting that since Roland and Eddy were visiting 1977, King had only written the first book, and he didn't want to write any others (view spoiler) I'm not too crazy about the book in general. After all the action and excitement of the previous novels, this one strikes me as mostly a lot of conversation and negotiation. Hopefully, things will pick up in the last 100 pages, but I sure don't remember that from my previous read.

message 25: by Tracy (last edited Jul 21, 2018 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tracy | 163 comments Nancy wrote: "So I was wondering [spoilers removed]"

Oh, very good question. I hadn't thought of that.

I didn't like this one as much as the others. It wasn't the same with them (view spoiler)

The part I did like was (view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Song of Susannah (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephen King (other topics)