Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 86k LGBT Beauty and the Beast Retelling for YA/NA

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebeccah (new)

Rebeccah Rodriguez | 4 comments Hello everyone! I’m about 3 chapters away from finishing my 3rd round of edits and I’m hoping to find some betas! A super quick run-down, this is a gay retelling of Beauty and the Beast (with other supporting LGBT characters), for a YA/NA audience and my debut novel. It has not been sent to a professional editor yet, but I have striven to provide a clean copy.

I might be pushing my luck, but I hope to have all critiques in within 1-2 weeks. I don’t require chapter by chapter critiques and will send a questionnaire to be filled at the end of the overall book (though more in depth critiques are certainly appreciated). As mentioned, I’m about 3 chapters away from finishing my edits, so I hope to have it ready to be sent it out by the end of the week (and the word count may fluctuate slightly). So there’s no misconceptions, while there is an “adult” scene, this is not erotica in any way. If you’re interested, see below for more details!

Title: Fairytale
Length, Draft and Language: 86, 614 words, 3rd draft, English
Blurb:
1916. For the first time in his life, Prince Killian of Astrocia is dreading the upcoming worldwide Peace Festival. The only heir to the throne, he yearns for an escape from an arranged engagement, and he quickly finds it in the alluring gaze of the mysterious Duke Fedya.

Captivated by the Duke’s secrecy, Killian is willing to do just about anything to escape the restraints of marriage and duty – even make a deal with a fairy. With the gift of an enchanted rose, Killian is determined to forsake his destiny, even at the risk of the ultimate disgrace.

But the disgrace falls upon Duke Fedya as what was once a wish turns into a curse and the darkness can no longer be concealed. As Fedya loses himself more and more to the beast within, Killian seeks to save the man he might just grow to love.

Sub Genre & Keywords: LGBT+, Fantasy, Romance, Retelling, Beauty and the Beast
Critique Tolerance: I’m a sensitive wuss and I’m working on it. Still, I do request that some kindness be used in your critiques. Don’t LIE to me or ignore obvious problems, I want this novel to absolutely sparkle once it’s done but please don’t be overly blunt.
Method of Communication: Please respond either directly to this post or send me a PM with your email. From there I will message you with my own email.

Thank you!! 😊

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella Vacaroaia | 32 comments Hi Rebeccah,

Your story sounds amazing, and right up my alley since I love both fantasy and romance.
Would you possibly be interested in a swap? I've written an 85K NA Sci-fi book that has an LGBT protagonist.
Please contact me at ticagirl97@gmail.com
Ella

message 3: by Rebeccah (new)

Rebeccah Rodriguez | 4 comments Ella wrote: "Hi Rebeccah,

Your story sounds amazing, and right up my alley since I love both fantasy and romance.
Would you possibly be interested in a swap? I've written an 85K NA Sci-fi book that has an LG..."

Hello Ella! At the moment I'm a bit overwhelmed with swaps, but if I catch up and we both need betas in the next few weeks I'll get in touch with you. Thanks!