Play Book Tag discussion

Stories I Only Tell My Friends
This topic is about Stories I Only Tell My Friends
March 2018: Autobiography > Stories I Only Tell My Friends/Lowe - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anita Pomerantz | 6546 comments I have to confess that this book definitely exceeded my expectations. While it may not be a literary masterwork, I was complete engaged by Lowe's storytelling style. He was a major force in entertainment during my coming of age, so it was terrific to hear how this famous "Brat-packer" got into the business and managed to forge a long lasting and successful career. Along the way he met many, many famous people, and he doesn't shy away from naming them, but also admits to some of the challenges and foibles he faces. Fun, fast-paced and enjoyable for fans . . .and truly autobiographical as he covers most of his life. I don't even like movies, but felt tempted to dig out a few of his classics . . .

message 2: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Did you put this in wrong folder.....
The older he’s gotten the more I like him.

Anita Pomerantz | 6546 comments JoLene wrote: "Did you put this in wrong folder.....
The older he’s gotten the more I like him."

Ha! I'm suffering from vacation brain apparently . . .thanks.

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Anita wrote: "I have to confess that this book definitely exceeded my expectations. While it may not be a literary masterwork, I was complete engaged by Lowe's storytelling style. ."

I really enjoyed this book, and his second book Love Life. I listened to both books, read by Lowe and he does a great job.

Anita Pomerantz | 6546 comments Ladyslott wrote: "Anita wrote: "I have to confess that this book definitely exceeded my expectations. While it may not be a literary masterwork, I was complete engaged by Lowe's storytelling style. ."

I really enjo..."

I picked up this one because of you actually. Now I'll probably go on to read the next one as well because this one was very enjoyable.

message 6: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments I am interested in this. Adding to TBR. I like Lowe and especially his recent resurgence.