Play Book Tag discussion

The Marriage Pact
This topic is about The Marriage Pact
Archive: Other Books > The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond ★★★

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments
Newlyweds Alice and Jake are a picture-perfect couple. Alice, once a singer in a well-known rock band, is now a successful lawyer. Jake is a partner in an up-and-coming psychology practice. Their life together holds endless possibilities. After receiving an enticing wedding gift from one of Alice’s prominent clients, they decide to join an exclusive and mysterious group known only as The Pact.

The goal of The Pact seems simple: to keep marriages happy and intact, and most of its rules make sense: Always answer the phone when your spouse calls. Exchange thoughtful gifts monthly. Plan a trip together once per quarter. . . .

Never mention The Pact to anyone.

I decided to read The Marriage Pact because I had heard such good things about it from other readers and my hold from the library came in fairly quickly.

I really enjoyed reading The Marriage Pact even though it was very over-the-top. Each time I put it down, I wanted to pick it up again so I could find out what happened. It made me glad The Pact doesn't exist in real life. Or, does it? *dun dun dun*

I really enjoyed the setting of the bay area, especially since I just traveled there last month. It was fun visualizing all the places they talked about in the novel. And, I really liked Jake and Alice. I rooted for them from the get go.

The only reason I'm giving The Marriage Pact three stars is because I felt the book was a little too long and the ending wasn't as satisfying as I wanted it to be. All in all, though, it was an entertaining thriller.

message 2: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6928 comments Ah, a thriller. I was interested until I saw that, and they are not my cup of tea. But of course, as soon as I saw that the Pact wasn't to be mentioned to anyone, I should have caught on.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Karin wrote: "Ah, a thriller. I was interested until I saw that, and they are not my cup of tea. But of course, as soon as I saw that the Pact wasn't to be mentioned to anyone, I should have caught on."

I understand. If it's any consolation, it's not too scary. It's more suspenseful and over-the-top than anything.

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6928 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "I understand. If it's any consolation, it's not too scary. It's more suspenseful and over-the-top than anything."

That sounds more like a movie I might watch if I was in the right mood, and you only gave it 3 stars. I'll give it some thought, though.

message 5: by JoLene (new) - added it

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Hum....I think I will check this one out. Always on the lookout for some good suspense.

I sometimes get irritated with books set in the Bay area because I live here.

Raine (rainelu) | 220 comments I read this one and really liked it. "Over the top" is a perfect description!

message 7: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6928 comments JoLene wrote: "Hum....I think I will check this one out. Always on the lookout for some good suspense.

I sometimes get irritated with books set in the Bay area because I live here."

I understand how you feel. If it's written by someone FROM a place I've lived, it's not usually too bad, but when it's written by an outsider it drives me batty. OR even if it's someone who has moved to my hometown and lives there, I don't like it especially if they set it when I grew up, because it's so different in so many ways now.