What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young adult? Fiction? Law student studying for bar exam, child sex abuse.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Remy (new)

Remy | 2 comments A few years ago (possibly 2+) I read this book and I believe it was about this lawyer or someone who was studying law. I remember that in the book they might have been getting ready to take the bar exam in their state (possibly NY). To prepare for this exam, they took the case of this child who was sexually abused by his teenage neighbor who also sexually abused him. I also remember that he might have been one of the top students in his class at law school. This is a very big might. For all I know, I might be mashing together multiple books that I have read. I also remember that in the book, this lawyer/law student was also sexually abused as a child and that's why he wanted to help and take on this kids case because he saw something of himself in it. I also remember that the person who abused him might have been a camp counselor. Possible SPOILER.

In the end I believe that there was no serious action taken against the teen who abused the small child and that the lawyer might have found some closure after working with the police to finally catch and prosecute the man who sexually abused him when he was a child all those years ago.

message 2: by Remy (new)

Remy | 2 comments bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39318 comments Mod
Remy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19171 comments The Infinite Plan?

Probably not, but the MC is a lawyer.

If you are still looking, might want to check the Sexual Violence Against Men in Fiction list.

You may want to change the header, too. This doesn't sound remotely like YA.