Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Adding Different Language Edition Rules

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by aaron (new)

aaron (mehhh) | 8 comments Hello there! Could someone tell me where I can learn how to fill up properly the forms when adding an edition in a different language for a book in the database?

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Same way you would add any book. Just click the "Add a New Edition" link on the book page then fill out all the fields you know the data for. Making sure to especially fill in the Language field. Also you would want to put a description in that is in the language of the edition you are adding.

message 3: by aaron (new)

aaron (mehhh) | 8 comments Philip wrote: "Same way you would add any book. Just click the "Add a New Edition" link on the book page then fill out all the fields you know the data for. Making sure to especially fill in the Language field. A..."

And as for the title and sort by title fields, should I leave them with the original title or translated one?

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42077 comments Mod
The title and sort by title of an edition should have the title on that edition's cover.

The original title field would not be changed, unless the edition you are adding is the very first one for the work as a whole.

message 5: by aaron (new)

aaron (mehhh) | 8 comments Thank you, good people :)