The Friendly Book Cave 2020 discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) | 2638 comments Mod
This is where members can post your favourite quotes.

message 2: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." by Dalai Lama.

message 3: by MeerderWörter (new)

MeerderWörter Rumell wrote: ""My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." by Dalai Lama."

Quotes - of books or just any really?

mewborn • i'm emo (mewborn) | 127 comments "Spoiler, we die in the end"
~Atticus

"You get in life what the courage you have to ask for"
~Oprah Winfrey

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, the hands can't hit what the eyes can't see"
~ Muhammad Ali

message 5: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

MeerderWörter wrote: "Rumell wrote: ""My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." by Dalai Lama."

Quotes - of books or just any really?"

Any

Phoenix~They/Them "Nothing starts until you take action if you have time to worry then run!" -Sonic the Hedgehog(Sonic 06)

Phoenix~They/Them "If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" - Shadow the Hedgehog(Sonic 06)

message 8: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

“Trait is a personality system in The Sims 4, similar to the trait system in The Sims 3. The personality system as a building block of Sims in The Sims 4 is a combination of trait from The Sims 3 and aspiration from The Sims 2. There are three kinds of traits in the game: normal traits, bonus traits, and reward traits. Each kind has different ways to earn them.”

― Rumell Khan
tags: aspiration, blocks, building, combination, from, personality, similar, sims, system, trait
Read more quotes from Rumell Khan

message 9: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael | 0 comments ALICE: "How long is forever?"
WHITE RABBIT: "Sometimes, just one second."

--Lewis Carroll/Alice in Wonderland

message 10: by Adeline (new)

Adeline “Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.”

--William Shakespeare/Romeo and Juliet

“I mean, we're all trying to find out who the hell we are, aren't we?”

--Robert Ludlum/The Bourne Identity

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

That was the best ice cream soda I've ever tasted - Lou Costello

message 12: by Michelle, Sub-Moderator (new)

Michelle | 1146 comments Mod
"Oh, it's a case of 'they think I'll think that they'll do A, so they'll do B because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because I might think I know what they're thinking they'll do A after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way."

- Will, from The Kings of Clonmel

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 80 comments I'm not crazy. My reality is just different then yours. The mad hatter

message 14: by Michelle, Sub-Moderator (new)

Michelle | 1146 comments Mod
"This is impossible." -Alice
"Only if you believe it." -The Mad Hatter

message 15: by Triss (new)

Triss (goodreadscomtriss123101) | 4 comments "We are all bad in someone's story." ~Unknown

"People keep saying it's no good to learn things by heart, But pretty things well said- It's nice to have them in your head." ~Robert Frost

"How do you spell 'love'?" ~Piglet
"You don't spell it, you feel it." ~Pooh

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

" YOu can find magic wherever you look, sit back and relax all you need is a book." ---Dr. Suess

message 17: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

“As the search continues for an understanding of the archetypal images, Jung would probably have us remember that an archetype is a hypothetical model, something like the 'pattern of behaviour' in biology. The portraits of the Goddesses in patriarchal mythology are, indeed, patterns of behaviour: They are stories told by men of how women react under patriarchy.”
― Charlene Spretnak, Lost Goddesses of Early Greece: A Collection of Pre-Hellenic Myths