What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Guardians
This topic is about The Guardians
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. scary fantasy in a New York city Dakota-like apartment building and Baron Samedi is a character [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kateblue (last edited Mar 16, 2018 08:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kateblue What I said in the title "scary fantasy in a New York city Dakota-like apartment building and Baron Samedi is a character"--that's just about all I can remember about the plot.

The protagonist is a young woman who I think moves in to this Dakota-like building in New York City. (No, it's not Rosemary moving into the Bramford.)

I can't remember if she's subletting or signed a lease, but she is stuck. The place seems haunted. Baron Samedi shows up. I think not just on Halloween. I guess he's not so much a character because I don't remember him doing much. He just scares the young woman a lot. Other creepy things are happening. I can't remember. I just know I liked the book.

If my comparison to the Dakota doesn't tell you anything, the Dakota is where John Lennon lived--he was shot in the courtyard there. Here's an interesting article about the Dakota with a few pictures. http://www.businessinsider.com/15-cra...

This book was probably written in the mid to late 70's. Also, I am probably wrong about this, but I recollect that the female author's last name began with "A." I'm not sure why I think this. And I'm probably wrong. It was definitely a female author, though.

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1208 comments This is just a guess: The Dark Descends Kirkus Review is here: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...

message 3: by Kateblue (last edited Mar 13, 2018 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kateblue Thanks, I went ahead and bought it even though the kirkus reviews page wouldn't load. I really don't think it is it, but it was cheap, so I thought I would try.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Is this for adults?

Kateblue yes. It is a book for adults

Kateblue This is The Guardians Lynn Abbey

An old friend of mine remembered

message 7: by El (new)

El | 502 comments The Guardians for the click.

Glad you found your book!