The Friendly Book Cave 2020 discussion

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (last edited Mar 16, 2018 04:53PM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) | 2638 comments Mod
Fear is a result of negative emotions. We must practice positive thinking to face things straight on and conquer them.

This topic is where you can discuss what your phobias are.

message 2: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

I have the phobia of travelling and leaving out of my home country.

mewborn • i'm emo (mewborn) | 127 comments I fear Fear itself. Fear makes me who I am, considering I am scared of so many things. Losing loved ones, and heights.

message 4: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 30 comments I think I have a couple. Mainly, I'm afraid of bugs (giant or medium sized bugs), and having to leave my home for work (I feel like it's a phobia for me).

message 5: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (last edited Mar 17, 2018 04:16AM) (new)

It is really interesting on what a lot of people are afraid of. Some are afraid of bananas.

message 6: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 30 comments Not to mention cotton balls. I know someone who is afraid of them, and K? I wasn't sure why.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Is there a name for a phobia of holes? Like honeycombs and egg cells? * shudder "

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 80 comments I'm actually not scared of anything at the moment but I do know there is a phobia of long words

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 80 comments Phobia of long words:Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
The phobia of holes: trypophobia

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Whoa! I totally have that!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

And like, why would they make the word for fear of long words huge?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Must be

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 80 comments Or its because theta re afraid of long words

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Perhaps. That's pretty funny though.😂

message 18: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

So anything sharp and yellow.

Phoenix~They/Them No thats not what that means

Phoenix~They/Them Bees, wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets look really similar to each other but that does not mean Shine has a fear of anything yellow

message 21: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

Okay

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Why'd you change your post?

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 80 comments SHINE wrote: "It means that I've been afraid of bees and medical needles for a long time. When I got bit by Yellow Jackets 8x (different years means more pain) and stung by a Honey Bee in the mouth (very painful..."

I feel ya for the needles thing. I've hated them ever since I was born.

we have belonephobia

Phoenix~They/Them Also known as Aichmophobia

(view spoiler)

I had to look it up hahaha

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 80 comments I am not afraid of other sharp objects just needles

message 26: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (last edited Aug 24, 2018 02:51AM) (new)

I also have the phobia of people killing animals or seeing dead animals in front of me. It really makes me sick and change the colour of my face.

Phoenix~They/Them I kinda have a fear of sharp objects but it doesn't stop me

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 80 comments Rumell wrote: "I also have the phobia of people killing animals or seeing dead animals in front of me. It really makes me sick and change the colour of my face."

Those are pretty unique fears rumell

message 29: by Rumell, Moderator. Student Governor. British Heart Foundation Volunteer (new)

Amy wrote: "Rumell wrote: "I also have the phobia of people killing animals or seeing dead animals in front of me. It really makes me sick and change the colour of my face."

Those are pretty unique fears rumell"

That is one of the reasons I am a vegetarian.

message 30: by Allerglance, Sub-Moderator (new)

Allerglance | 253 comments Mod
Well, um, I'm a bit afraid of people in general and forming relationships. But, I'm also afraid that when I die, if there is an afterlife, it won't end (which is kind of the point, stick with me). I'll live in a perpetual limbo knowing the next day won't be different, it will be perfect, but boring-I'll spend my eternity in perfect boredom..

message 31: by Deepthi, Sub-Moderator (new)

Deepthi (d-star) | 515 comments Mod
I have Autophobia and Athazagoraphobia

message 32: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 27 comments I have several phobias snakes, spiders, needles, flying, and for some reason falling? Oh and because I'm an introvert and have Asperger syndrome, social situations can be frighting or hard for me.

Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡_◡)} I'm scared of big spiders-little ones are okay if they aren't near my bed or aren't running. But they do mostly scare me.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I have Astrophobia, which is the fear of Outerspace.
I hate it! I once broke down to tears in class because she was making us look up pictures of black holes