What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

No Fixed Address
This topic is about No Fixed Address
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Short novel about homeless teen girl [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda Long | 8 comments Hello, I am looking for a book that I would have read around 2005 although it definitely not new at that time so published sometime before that. I would like to read this book again so any help in figuring out who the author is or what the title is would be greatly appreciated.

The book starts out with a young teen girl whose mother dies in their apartment and the girl leaves and watched the ambulance take her mother from across the street to avoid being taken by child services. The girl is now homeless and I believe she lives in an old abandoned car for a bit at some point. I also remember she somehow met this old cranky lady in her house and ended up staying with the old lady and helping her with things around the house. I know the story has its up and downs but I believe it has a happy ending.

I don't know how helpful this will be, but I seem to remember the book having a blue soft cover. Any help would be great! Thank you!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Set a particular time and place? Country/region/city etc.
Author female or male?
Remember the cover?

Amanda Long | 8 comments The setting of the story was a city, maybe New York or similar city no earlier than 1990 for time setting I would guess. Unfortunately I do not remember much about the cover except that it may be dark blue.

Amanda Long | 8 comments Bump.

Amanda Long | 8 comments Still haven’t found the title of this book. Would really appreciate the help so I can read this again! :)

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4165 comments No Fixed Address probably?

Amanda Long | 8 comments Unfortunately no that’s not it.

Amanda Long | 8 comments Wait yes I think that’s it!!

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Are you ready to call this Solved, or do you want to check back with us?

Amanda Long | 8 comments I will check back with you soon.

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
Google Books offers a limited search for No Fixed Address by Maureen Bayless - https://books.google.com/books?id=LWU... You might get lucky searching for specific keywords.

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Amanda, please let us know the status of your book search. If it is found, we shelve the book and mark this thread as solved. If it is not yet found, we keep it going.
Thanks!

Amanda Long | 8 comments Hi, yes I have been able to confirm that this is the correct novel. Thank you everyone who helped! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

No Fixed Address (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maureen Bayless (other topics)