Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 70k literary fiction with LGBT themes and a hint of mystery

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 3 comments Hi all, I'm looking for readers for a first novel. It's been through one round of revision and I'd like a few more eyes/perspectives on it. Willing to swap. Thanks!

The blurb:
Cody loves his small town. He shares a house with his best friend, makes a decent living, and has a woodshop and creek in his backyard. Sure, the dating pool for gay transgender men is limited, but you never know, right?

Then his job sends him to New York City for a summer. He lands with a duffel bag full of khakis, a list of gay bars near his illegal sublet, and a hope to reconnect with a cousin he hasn’t seen in 13 years.

As he struggles to learn the rules of city life, New York unfolds. He discovers friends, theater, romance (kind of), injustice, community and pizza. An abandoned woodworking book helps turn his apartment into a home. He begins figuring out what he has to offer the world.

But the cousin proves elusive. Cody finds an address (never home), job (quit), email (deactivated), ex-friends, ex-lovers and ex-colleagues. He starts to piece together a story and realizes his childhood hero grew into a man he doesn’t much like.

When he hears the rest of the story, he has to decide. Where are his allegiances? What life will he choose?

Complete at 70,000 words, Woodworking is literary fiction about how families love and lose each other, and about growing into a world that is bigger, messier, harder, and more full of possibility than you imagined. Told from the point of view a transgender protagonist, it bypasses the usual coming out narratives to tell one story from all the rest of a transitioned life.

message 2: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 3 comments Absolutely, I'll drop you an email. Thanks!

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Vacaroaia | 32 comments I would also love to trade with you! 85K word NA Sci-fi, with LGBT protagonist and a romantic subplot.
Please contact me at ticagirl97@gmail.com

Ella

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 3 comments Ella wrote: "I would also love to trade with you! 85K word NA Sci-fi, with LGBT protagonist and a romantic subplot.
Please contact me at ticagirl97@gmail.com

Ella"

Thanks! I'll drop you an email.