Pandora Hearts 1巻 Pandora Hearts 1巻 discussion

Anime to watch?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (last edited Aug 05, 2014 06:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Makaylia wrote: "Hey guys!
I am currently watching this series and was wondering what suggestions others have for me? I am new to the world of watching anime and have already heard of Vampire Knight but I am going ..."

I don't know if I can be of any help, this is the first time I've ever used a chat before, but maybe I can help you find a few good ones to watch.

Firstly I've never seen the Pandora hearts anime but I've read 20 volumes of the manga and if it's anything like that you are in for a world of heartbreak, so good choice.

Secondly if you are just starting out in the world of anime there are a few kinda must watches for most people; Full metal alchemist is a must for most, though most prefer brotherhood, Deathnote is a well loved series. I've never seen vampire knight but I've heard good things. One piece I think has become one of the worlds most popular anime I've never seen it for the sheer volume of episodes. Which leads me conveniently onto telling you to consider how many hours you want to put in for example Deathnote would only take about 5 hours to wholly clear where as if you tried to watch: Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, One piece, Dragon ball etc they would take much longer because they're all several hundred episodes long, but all are really good (except fillers.)

Lastly if you need a place to watch your stuff I'd recommend watchcartoononline.com it uploads tonnes of anime for you to watch for free and recommends you new stuff to watch each day. But the most important thing about anime is to simply get lost in it like with a good book once you start reading you tend to snowball until you've read several hundred books.

If you need any more advice I can recommend quite a few anime I like and a lot more manga I love and I hope I was of some help to you, like I said I've never really used anything like this before. And if i really wasn't... Shortlist, in order of should watch:

Fullmetal alchemist
Deathnote
Ouran high school host club
Nura rise of the yokai clan
No-rin
My little monster

I hope that shortlist may help satisfy you for now. But remember have fun exploring. The journey is half the challenge and most of the fun.

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business Black Butler
Attack on Titan
Durarara!!
Get Backers

James Sherlocked wrote: "Black Butler
Attack on Titan
Durarara!!
Get Backers"

Oh my god, how did I forget Black Butler. Damn that was good stuff the series one ending nigh on killed me.

message 4: by Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business (last edited Aug 05, 2014 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business James wrote: "Damn that was good stuff the series one ending nigh on killed me."

I know, it was really surprising.
There is a third season now, I have to watch it.

James Sherlocked wrote: "James wrote: "Damn that was good stuff the series one ending nigh on killed me."

I know, it was really surprising.
There is a third season now, I have to watch it."

There's a third season... A third season?.. A THIRD SEASON!?

God I need to read the manga fast so I don't get too many surprises and end up weeping for weeks after this series ends!

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business James wrote: "There's a third season... A third season?.. A THIRD SEASON!?."

Yeah, I didn't know until yesterday xD

James wrote: "God I need to read the manga fast so I don't get too many surprises"

Yup, season 2 was fun but not really canon based. Season 3 seems to be similar to the manga.

message 7: by James (last edited Aug 05, 2014 11:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Sherlocked wrote: "James wrote: "There's a third season... A third season?.. A THIRD SEASON!?."

Yeah, I didn't know until yesterday xD

James wrote: "God I need to read the manga fast so I don't get too many surpris..."

I quite liked season two but how the hell are they going to continue the story considering what happened. That alone is going to be a reason to watch it.

I mean will it even take place at the estate? Will any of the characters who have been in it so far be in it, apart from Ciel and Sebastian? So many questions... Ugh.

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business I think season 3 is about the book of circus, so they probably ignored season 2.

James Sherlocked wrote: "I think season 3 is about the book of circus, so they probably ignored season 2."

That seems... Odd... A tv SERIES, dodged a SERIES? Hmph, I guess if it's Blackbutler I can ignore it. I wonder if there is a release date or any sort of estimation.

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business I am not sure how many episodes are going to be; but you can watch the first one here:
http://dramafire.com/kuroshitsuji-boo...

message 11: by James (last edited Aug 05, 2014 11:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Sherlocked wrote: "I am not sure how many episodes are going to be; but you can watch the first one here:
http://dramafire.com/kuroshitsuji-boo..."

Oh my. Thank you. I gotta read more of the manga though so I'm gonna wait for the dub. Hate me all you will haters but as much as people prefer subbed to dubbed. Manga is preferable to anime... Truth!

message 12: by Ross (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ross Anything with the name Shinichiro Watanabe attached to it is usually good, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are the most well known, but try Sakamichi No Apollon as well.
Other than that, Code Geass is fantastic, as is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business Ross wrote: "Code Geass is fantastic, as is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood ..."
Oh, I forgot to add Code Geass. . shame
FMA and Code Geass are great animes. .

mm, also:
YU-GI-OH!
Bus Gamer
xxxHolic