Horror Aficionados discussion

Book Recommendations > FAV HORROR BOOK

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (new)

Crystal pena | 2 comments HI,

I haven't found any good horror books, any book recommendations that will keep you up at night?

:)
crystal

message 2: by Tori (last edited Mar 13, 2018 10:00AM) (new)

Tori | 40 comments Anything Stephen King is good. I definitely recommend Misery and The Shining (unless you want to read the lengthy monolith that is It)

I also quite like the Asylum series by Madeleine Roux. It's Young Adult and not everyone's cup of tea, so I definitely recommend reading into it before picking it up, but I loved it.

Really it depends what sort of horror tropes or themes appeal to you and going from there :)

message 3: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments One book that kept me up all night was Others by James Herbert.

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal pena | 2 comments Thanks, yes I’ve read 3 books of asylum :) I will definitely try the Others-thank you so much guys

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Kratky (bolorkay) | 330 comments What are some thoughts on James Herbert?

I attempted "the Fog" quite a few years ago and had to put it down. (Perhaps I just was not ready for his style of horror?)
Am I missing musch, since I haven't returned to this author since.
I purchased "The Rats" but haven't started this yet. Is James Herbert considered an "acquired taste" by some?

message 6: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5111 comments Mod
Are there any special areas that interest you? Monsters, hauntings, demons, zombies, post apocalyptic or.....? Any particular authors you've found you like or don't like? Styles you like or don't like?

message 7: by HorrorBook (new)

HorrorBook HellHound | 14 comments Cujo by Stephen King
Any stories by H. P. Lovecraft are absolutely brilliant.
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

message 8: by Fernando (new)

Fernando | 298 comments I prefer to go against the grain (King, Joe Hill, Koontz, Blah blah blah, etc.) and go with: Demon Blood: Enlightenment

Enlightenment (Demon Blood #1) by Tim Meyer Enlightenment
by Tim Meyer

I guarantee those who give this book a chance, won't regret it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Enlightenment (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tim Meyer (other topics)