YA Story Sisters Book Club discussion

New NA/YA Fantasy Romance

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael Just joined this awesome group! So excited to get to know everyone. I just published my debut NA/YA Fantasy Romance GUARDED WISH, and would love some readers & reviewers. This genre has always been a favorite of mine, and I'm really eager to hear what everyone thinks.

message 2: by Leih (new)

Leih (goodreadscomleih) | 5 comments guarded and wish are not normally juxtaposed together, it's an antithesis almost, opposite in use of meaning and function. Guarded is usually synonymous with undergoing something that is a risky venture. something that may have consequences for the protagonist. I read in creative writing style, you can put 2 opposing words in a line, next to each other to show its contrasts. The title sounds different enough to catch reader's eye.

message 3: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael Thanks so much for your reply, Ellen! And yes, that's exactly what I wanted to get across. If you read the story, you'll see the protag is always "guarded" in everything she does, including believing in the impossible (not to mention her "guardian") later. How do you like the cover? Wanted to get across that "wishes" can also "blow up in your face" (i.e. the fuse). Sort of a metaphor.