Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments Team A:
Katy
Ed
Louise Bro
Elizabeth (Alaska)

A place to discuss, motivate, enthuse.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments I started a monster a couple of days ago. I thought it was going to be about half the length, but then I noticed some major page discrepancies on the Other Editions page and did some research. Had I realized this a week ago, I would have started it then. But in addition to the 25 Jumbo points, it has other styles, and of course a review. I have some other shorter works planned too, so hopefully will make up for a late start for the team.

Reviews, everyone! Easy points for Team A.

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2411 comments I'm still in Guatemala...and not getting much reading done at all.... but the next few days should allow me more time...and I have a bunch of old old plays that I plan on reading. No jumbo points...but Oldie points and NaN points.... and some combo points. I get back on the 17th.

message 4: by Katy (new)

Katy | 911 comments I've been excited about planning for March 15-April 14! I've got some oldies planned...and yes, reviews!! :)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments I'm excited to see how we do!

message 6: by Louise Bro (new)

Louise Bro | 477 comments I am listening to a very long audiobook that will also have some other styles.
Also, I have three or four physical books with a lot of styles ready to go. All in all, I am ready for this team challenge!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments Ed has been reading oldie-moldie plays and racked up a ton of styles for us!

165 points by my entirely unofficial count. Well done!

My Dumas is coming along, will be finished this weekend - possibly Saturday.

message 8: by Katy (new)

Katy | 911 comments Ooooh, and it looks like Ed just finished another one -- by my count we're up to at least 205 (and I could definitely be counting wrong!).

I'm about to finish a Donna Tartt book -- and today's snow day has kept me at home (unfortunately still doing some work but with more reading breaks built in :) so I'll probably finish today. Should get us 45 more points!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments Katy wrote: "Ooooh, and it looks like Ed just finished another one -- by my count we're up to at least 205 (and I could definitely be counting wrong!)."

I think your count is more accurate! Yay!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments And some more from Katy. I think that makes us

message 11: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2411 comments And Elizabeth puts 65 points on the board!

message 12: by Louise Bro (new)

Louise Bro | 477 comments And I just posted Olive Kitteridge (brilliant book!), which adds 35 style points to our count, bringing us to 360.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments Louise Bro wrote: "And I just posted Olive Kitteridge (brilliant book!), which adds 35 style points to our count, bringing us to 360."

And I'm so glad you liked it!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments Ed continues to rack up the points!

Challenge ending Saturday midnight EST. My reading timing seems to be off and I'll have just one more book I can complete before then, but it's another 35 styles, so not nothing.

message 15: by Louise Bro (new)

Louise Bro | 477 comments Go, Ed!

I have 130 style points for books that I have read in the period, but not yet posted, and then I will be finishing two books within the next couple of days which have 65 style points combined. I'll make sure to post as soon as I can, but the reviews always take me a long time to do.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments Les Miserables! Well done!

message 17: by Louise Bro (new)

Louise Bro | 477 comments Thank you! It took me two seasons to complete it :-)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments Managed to get a last one in for another 20 points for the team.

Well done, everyone!

message 19: by Katy (new)

Katy | 911 comments Go team!!! I'm trying to finish up one, maybe two, books today, both of which will have a lot of style points...we'll see!!

message 20: by Katy (new)

Katy | 911 comments Oh whoops, just realized the challenge already ended!! I was way too slow on The Moonstone, though it's a good one! Was calculating April 15 not 14. Oh well. Great game, team!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12304 comments We're glad you got to participate - you did get some postings in, I think.

message 22: by Katy (new)

Katy | 911 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "We're glad you got to participate - you did get some postings in, I think."

Yep, I got some good big ones up there early! Just wish I could have thrown in a nice Oldies :)

message 23: by Louise Bro (new)

Louise Bro | 477 comments Katy wrote: "Oh whoops, just realized the challenge already ended!! I was way too slow on The Moonstone, though it's a good one! Was calculating April 15 not 14. Oh well. Great game, team!"

Oh no, me too Katy, I was just logging on to post two more... That will teach me to pay more attention! But I did only finish them today, so it doesn't feel like too much of a waste.