What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
UNSOLVED: One specific book > 1980/90s horror with voodoo zombies and a cop in New Orleans

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 52 comments A midlist horror novel set in New Orleans. It was written in (I am pretty sure) the late 80/early 90s (I would lean closer to early 90s).

The story involved a friend/partner (can't recall which) and possibly a love triangle with a woman. The friend/partner ends up a zombie and used against the cop.

Another detail is that I have a very strong recollection that this author may have penned a "how to write horror" book, around the same time.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments Maybe, The Darker Saints The Darker Saints by Brian Hodge ?

Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?
Time period the story takes place?
Was the zombie portion a big part of the story? How soon into the book does the friend turn into a zombie?

message 3: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) | 52 comments I don't believe it is Darker Saints, by Brian Hodge. I remember being surprised that the author had written a how-to-write book (around, I think, the same time).

I don't remember the cover.

Not part of a series (at least, not when it came out).

Contemporary.

The zombie element was, as I recall, pivotal. Especially including whether they retained any self-awareness. As I (hazily) recall.

I don't recall when the friend was turned, but I don't think it was very late. Maybe right near the beginning.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
James, you started a thread about this already here -

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

so I'm closing this thread. One thread per book please, otherwise it gets confusing.

Please bookmark the original thread so you don't lose it, and can bump it every so often.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.