What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Adult Fiction about a young woman, polar bears that can turn human, and Inuit mythology

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maddi (last edited Mar 12, 2018 10:02PM) (new)

Maddi | 1 comments IT'S NOT THE GOLDEN COMPASS!! I have a distinct memory of a scene from a YA novel I read in middle school. The protagonist is a young woman, but I don't remember anything else about her. I specifically remember her having a conversation with a college professor, either in his office or his classroom, who is later revealed to be a polar bear that shape shifted into a human. He was a professor of something like Inuit Studies, and the topic of their conversation was how cold it was, and the fact that an Inuit hunter would find the temperature comfortable, while a polar bear would consider it warm. The plot of the book revolves around the young woman going on an adventure that has something to do with polar bears and Inuit mythology. I know it's no a lot to go on, but it's been driving me nuts for weeks and since my memory is so vague Google hasn't been any help. You guys are my last hope! Help!!!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4999 comments Maybe: On Thin Ice On Thin Ice by Jamie Bastedo ?

How many years ago did you read this?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?
Time period location story takes place?

message 3: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1220 comments Here's another guess: Ice Ice by Sarah Beth Durst

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Maddi, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Billie (new)

Billie Lubis | 3 comments Is it East by Edith Pattou?