What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction - U.S. assassin sent to rescue billionaire and then framed for his murder after seaplane explosion. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Will (new)

Will Jones | 2 comments I’m trying to figure out what this book is: key plot elements are - main character is a US Gov’t operative who is sent to rescue a kidnaped altruist billionaire (who happens to have been created by the American government to help manipulate foreign policy (and is actually a disgraced former military officer). The protagonist recruits a former protege, a Greek special forces operative possibly named Theo, to help him with the rescue. They succeed in penetrating the compound and make their way to their exfiltration (a Sea Plane) which takes off with Theo and the target then explodes shortly thereafter. The government suspecting the main character killed the target sends an assassin to kill him in London (Hyde Park) however she fails and he survives. The book ends with a reveal about the billionaire(really the ex-officer) having orchestrated all of this and having blown up a body double st the start of the book.

Please help!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
When did you read it or when was it published?
Remember the cover?
Author female or male?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Will I alerted the group to spoilers in your thread. They are OK to have, you just need to let people know that they are there.

message 4: by Will (new)

Will Jones | 2 comments I read it within the last 2 years, male author iirc, but can’t recall his name (obviously haha)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Will, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Head | 4 comments maybe one of the Alex Cross books by James Patterson