What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Deadliest of Friends
This topic is about The Deadliest of Friends
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Juvenile/YA suspense murder mountains Darren [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie Scott | 2 comments Hi. So I read this book in elementary school, so between 1995-2000. I got it from Scholastic book fair. Back of the book was green. Character name I remember most was Darren. He was main guy in story, but protagonist was a girl. Book was suspense/thriller. Plot points I remember: 1. Darren or his brother was responsible for a boating accident that killed someone.
2. Took place at lake in the mountains. Main girl was on summer break or some other vacation like that.
3. Culminates in confrontation on mountain and there were arrows involved.

Argh, and that's it. Would appreciate your help.

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1089 comments I've seen this book at the library, but can't remember the title. I believe that the boys put a hole in a boat (probably a canoe), thinking that someone they didn't like (who maybe was related to a developer who was going to develop their community, which they didn't want) would go boating in it. Instead, two kids, or a mom and her little boy went out in it. When the boat sank, a little boy drowned.

I thought the book was "The Red Canoe", but I checked and that doesn't seem to be it.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Pamela your book i think is Red Kayak by Priscilla Cummings i believe but is that the same book you are looking for Marie?

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 7 comments IM LOOKING FOR A BOOK:

A brief description of the book is a young woman photographer or reporter is in ?South Carolina? on assignment and she's attacked and knocked unconscious. Upon waking she realizes her attacker shoved her, in her car, into the water. She's rescued by an elderly old black man who turns out to be a vampire. The beginning of the book centers around her transformation and wanting revenge on the other vampire that turned her. The old black vampire was a slave when he was turned and he refers to her as Angel (I think).

I'm sorry it seems like a vague description I was trying to not give spoilers. I read it as a teenager and I'm DYING to find it again

message 5: by Kris (last edited Mar 13, 2018 06:57PM) (new)

Kris | 34456 comments Mod
Lisa, please a new topic/thread for your book using this link -- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/new?c...

Tips for posting a book request (e.g., tell us around what year you read this book): https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Amanda (last edited Mar 13, 2018 06:59PM) (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Marie maybe The Deadliest of Friends there is a darren in the story and a boating accident for some reason this link has more info on the book than i can find elsewhere https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&a...

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 7 comments Sorry. I tried earlier and for whatever reason it wouldn’t let me. It finally did.

message 8: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie Scott | 2 comments Amanda!! You nailed it! OMG. So awesome!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Yay!