Play Book Tag discussion

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Simonverse, #1)
This topic is about Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Archive: Other Books > Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - 5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (last edited Mar 12, 2018 09:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara (taraash) | 25 comments
  Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - 5 Stars

This book follows Simon, a junior in high school, who has yet to come out as gay to anyone. The only person who knows is an anonymous pen pal who calls himself Blue, who goes to school with Simon. Everythings fine until his e-mails with this mysterious Blue end up in the hands of another student, who threatens to out Simon as gay unless he plays his wingman and helps him get a date with a girl named Abby.

Wow Wow Wow. This is easily one of the best books I've read in a while. I've been in a reading slump and this is exactly what I needed to pull me out of it. I devoured it after only a day, I couldn't put it down. I really enjoyed the writing, it reminded me of the way my friends and I talk. I feel like sometimes when books are written about teens or young adults it still feels very obvious someone who isn't in high school or college wrote it, but not this book.

The story alternates between Simons perspective and the e-mails sent between him and Blue. I Loved the chapters with their e-mails. Their conversations were too adorable, I had to keep stopping to scream cause OMG THEY ARE THE CUTEST. Easily one of my favorite couples in a book just ugh so. cute.

This book hit me right in the feelings for a lot of reasons. There are a few scenes that crushed me and I definitely cried a teensy bit lol. I think I'm going to go see the movie for it this weekend. I think no matter how the story is adapted to screen it will still maintain the over feeling of the book, which I loved

annapi | 4976 comments Hmm... sounds like this one would appeal to my daughter. I'll have to look into it...

message 3: by KateNZ (last edited Mar 13, 2018 01:57AM) (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2329 comments This sounds great, thanks!

Also, it may resolve a gap on a reading list ... I have to find a book for the Popsugar Reading challenge that features a character from the LGBTI community, and this could be a good contender :)

Even better, I'm a privacy geek, so I can pretend it's work-related ;)