The Universe of Marissa Meyer discussion

Welcome > Book Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline, The Lunar Princess (new)

Caroline (coffeeat2am) | 148 comments Mod
Need a book rec.?

message 2: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Obviously anything by Marissa Meyer
I also recommend anything by Julie Kagawa and Sarah J. Maas
The Shadowhunters Chronicles by Cassandra Clare is a good read
Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee
Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
The School for Good & Evil by Soman Chainani
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
The Reawakened by Colleen Houck
The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
If you haven't already read Hunger Games and Harry Potter, those are musts
The Grisha and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo was fun
I liked Splintered by AG Howard
The Selection by Kiera Cass wasn't bad
The Lotus War by Jay Kristoff was cool

message 3: by ~Sophia~ (new)

~Sophia~ (sophiabooks) Thanks, Nikita!

message 4: by Caroline, The Lunar Princess (new)

I'm currently in a reading slump (CR: Strange the Dreamer and Thunderhead) and I just keep getting stuck. I don't know if it's the books, because I was able to get through Three Dark Crowns without a problem, in a couple days, or if I'm just in a rut.

I have recently binged Stranger Things and I am having some serious withdrawals from it. Do you guys have any suggestions/recommendations for books that are like Stranger Things?

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 1 comments Caroline wrote: "I'm currently in a reading slump (CR: Strange the Dreamer and Thunderhead) and I just keep getting stuck. I don't know if it's the books, because I was able to get through Three Dark Crowns without..."

Uh! Watching Netflix can bring about the worst reading slumps. I myself am sometimes torn between reading or finding my next favorite show lol! Anyways, I would recommendDefy the Stars. This book is a YA sci-fi romance and is a lot of fun. Guile is another of my favorites, with no romance and an adorable cat side- kick! It's part fantasy mixed with mystery. It's a bit odd, but if you like Stranger Things you might enjoy it. I also recommendThe Forgetting, it is a unique fantasy with an unexpected sci-fi twist!

message 6: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Definitely read The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater (or The Scorpio Races) it's not really supernatural, but it's close.

message 7: by Nikita (last edited Mar 08, 2019 07:56AM) (new)

Nikita Got some more:
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo - third series in the Grisha Universe
Maze Runner by James Dashner
Storybound by Marissa Burt - that was enjoyable

message 8: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Should I read Wires and Nerves? I'm not really into graphic novels but anything by Marissa Meyer is bound to be good. But I want to know if it's worth it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Heck yes!!!
It gives you an actual imagery perspective on the characters,
I highly suggest it!

message 10: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Thanks!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Np!

message 12: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) I placing a hold on it now!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

yayyyy!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

The Throne of Glass Series is great

message 15: by Caroline, The Lunar Princess (new)

Danielle's Reading wrote: "The Throne of Glass Series is great"
YES! I have been reading the ToG series for the past few months and I am LOVING every moment of it!! Have you read all of them?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Also An Ember In The Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir

message 17: by Gwenna (new)

Gwenna | 12 comments Guys! this isn’t a recommendation, but, who’s excited for “Instant Karma”!? I cannot waiiit!!!!!! Ahhh! It sounds so interesting and different from anything she’s done before!😍

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

DUDES YOU HAVE TO READ SARAH J MAAS SHE IS NEXT BEST TO MARRISSA MEYER

message 19: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 3 comments Read The Folk of The Air trilogy by Holly Black. It has some similarities to renegades (very few but you'll see them). Its so good I can't.
I also recommend the Queens Rising duology by Rebecca Ross.
Also Caraval seems good though I've only managed to read the first book because libraries are closed.
I have so many more recommendations but I've gone blank so oops.

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Hey guys!
If you want some more book recs, check out the book blog that my friends and I made!

https://writersyabookreviews.wordpres...

message 21: by Gwenna (new)

Gwenna | 12 comments Not a BOOK recommendation, but a recommendation! You should all check out Marissa’s podcast “the Happy Writer”, if you haven’t already!

message 22: by Caroline, The Lunar Princess (new)

Gwenna wrote: "Not a BOOK recommendation, but a recommendation! You should all check out Marissa’s podcast “the Happy Writer”, if you haven’t already!"

oh my stars! yes!! I have been listening to that podcast and it is WONDERFUL! ahh! I definitely second that recommendation, Gwenna!!

ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 3 comments You should definitely check out Rick Riordan's books!

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Another book that I would highly recommend is "All the Stars and Teeth" by Adalyn Grace.

message 26: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 3 comments If anyone’s into a horror like feel, (not exactly horror it’s not really “scary” per say) I am reading Wilder Girls and it is SO good. Plus lesbian romance so..... go check it out.

message 27: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) I recommend Legend by Marie Lu. It’s kind of SciFi. It’s more Dystopian and it reminds me of The Lunar Chronicles from time to time!

Also the Darkest minds! Amazing!!

message 28: by Addy (new)

Addy  B | 16 comments I agree the Legend series by Marie Lu is really good! If you liked Legend, Marie Lu just released a new book called Skyhunter that is a similar sci fi/ dystopian genre I highly recommend it!

message 29: by Elisia (new)

Elisia | 27 comments Zaiyah wrote: "Should I read Wires and Nerves? I'm not really into graphic novels but anything by Marissa Meyer is bound to be good. But I want to know if it's worth it."

I love Wire and Nerves and I recommend it to anyone who has read the rest of the series ( besides Stars Above)

message 30: by Elisia (new)

Elisia | 27 comments I recommend Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

message 31: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8 comments Some books/series that I would recommend
The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
Gone by Michael Grant
American Royals by Katherine McGee
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Program by Suzanne Young
The Merciless by Danielle Vega
Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich
Michael Vey by Richard Paul Evans
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Furyborn by Claire Legrand

message 32: by Genna (new)

Genna | 5 comments -Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
-A shadow bright and burning by Jessica Cluess
-We were liars by E. Lockhart
-Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalo
(haha i’m a basic YA reader)

ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 (fangirl_overload) | 5 comments You all must read Keeper of the lost cities by Shannon messenger (its pretty painful to read sometimes but still good)

message 34: by Brooke (new)

Brooke W (thereadersgame) | 3 comments KOTLC is a top-priority to-read!

message 36: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Gowans | 6 comments KOTLC is amazing!