Hugo & Nebula Awards: Best Novels discussion

Series: Reading Order > Lois McMaster Bujold Chalion Books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (last edited Mar 12, 2018 05:06PM) (new)

Kateblue | 3778 comments Mod
Back when I wrote about this in another discussion, I thought we were only reading the winners, not all the nominees, too.

So for Chalion:
H 1 2002 Bujold, Lois McMaster The Curse of Chalion
H/N H/N 1 2004/2005 Bujold, Lois McMaster Paladin of Souls

Just read the two in order!

The third one, I just found out, is 500 years before these two anyway. I expect, now that I know this, I will stop having so much trouble with it.

message 2: by Art, Stay home, stay safe. (new)

Art | 2551 comments Mod
Kateblue wrote: "Back when I wrote about this in another discussion, I thought we were only reading the winners, not all the nominees, too.
."

Sounds good, since we are not reading the rest I will simply move it to the miniseries bookshelf.

message 3: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (new)

Kateblue | 3778 comments Mod
Actually, there are some "penric" novellas and one won a Hugo in 2017. He's apparently a precursor character to the two books and I haven't read them.

I agree with your decision to move the two to the miniseries shelf. I as telling you just because I live to complicate your life.

message 4: by Art, Stay home, stay safe. (new)

Art | 2551 comments Mod
I knew it, all those evil walls of text containing detailed description of every series and their reading order... You are evil incarnate!