75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2018 RYS) > Joanne’s read my shelves

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 545 comments Oh so excited to have this category. I have clean out a lot of my shelves lately as I decided to cut back. I had just too many some have been there for years so I’m glad I can now have this challenge and the books can move on to another home.

Currently reading HF. Ramses The Temple of a Million Years (#2) by Christian Jacq been ages since I read this but I always enjoy it.

message 2: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7806 comments Mod
Joanne wrote: "Oh so excited to have this category. I have clean out a lot of my shelves lately as I decided to cut back. I had just too many some have been there for years so I’m glad I can now have this challen..."

It's nice to have a concrete place to acknowledge and track books you own that you haven't read or want to read again! :) Keeps me organized!

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 545 comments Elyse wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Oh so excited to have this category. I have clean out a lot of my shelves lately as I decided to cut back. I had just too many some have been there for years so I’m glad I can now ha..."

Yes I agree I was thinking of doing this kind of way getting a book read and than just move it on. It’s hard especially if I really like the book. I wish I had found this sooner , never mind better late than never. I feel ok now I used to look at my TBR and groan thinking how am I going to get through all these but now it’s all good. It’s a bit funny oh well. 😁😁😁😂

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 545 comments The Gunslinger

A Pocket Full of Rye.

Planning to read off my shelves Dissolution next coming weeks.

message 5: by Joanne (last edited Apr 16, 2018 07:07PM) (new)

Joanne | 545 comments Trying to get these off my shelves
The Girl from Munich
The Dragonet Prophecy

Worlds Collide
The Shadow of What Was Lost ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My only complaint was it was a few chapters too long.
The Last Kingdom
The Inspector and Mrs. Jeffries 0 ⭐️ Ewww🤨 terrible DNF

message 6: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 545 comments Finished

17th April

Dissolution. ⭐️⭐️

It was so so. I enjoyed the historical significance, I actually wrote a paper about the dissolution of the monasteries a few years back. Fascinating time period, sadly if you go across England you see ruins everywhere as a result of this monumental time period, which really change the entire religious landscape and beliefs of England.

Though can’t say I enjoy the mystery side story of the book.

message 8: by Joanne (last edited Apr 16, 2018 07:17PM) (new)

Joanne | 545 comments Also recently added

Is The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland .

New book from an Australian author, yes I know I caved when I saw it at the bookstore. 🤦‍♀️ 😔 true story so looking forward to it.

message 9: by Joanne (last edited May 28, 2018 08:48PM) (new)

Joanne | 545 comments Finally read this off my shelf

Mrs. Pollifax Unveiled ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Finished Everything, Everything ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️