CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 11- Pi Day!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 732 comments Mod
Voting continues until March 14th for April's Online Book Club book. Let your voice be heard! Vote here!

March 14th is Pi Day (3.14, get it?). In honor of that, us nerdy people tend to either bake or buy pies to celebrate. This got me thinking about food, particularly book food. I've read so many books where they describe delicious food; it's hard sometimes not to just run out and buy it!

What is your favorite food you've read about in a book? Have you ever attempted a recipe you found in a book? Not in a book, but my roommate found a recipe for a food seen in a video game and made it. It was delicious (Tales of Zestiria's mabo curry buns, in case anyone was curious).

Tell us about your favorite book food (or your favorite food you like to eat when reading)!

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Goeb | 3 comments Nora Ephron's "Heartburn" has the BEST Key Lime Pie recipe, and the way the pie is used in the narrative is wonderful.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 464 comments Some of the cozy mystery writers write food really well. One of the best writers of food was Pat Conroy. The way he wrote about food, you could practically smell it, he even made me rethink shrimp and grits.