What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > kids flying and a city with a dome - might be scifi/fantasy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TC (last edited Mar 13, 2018 01:08PM) (new)

TC Wildstar (tcwildstar) | 2 comments I read a book in advanced reading back in 6th grade (circa 1982). it was about a group of kids that somehow learned to fly, one of the kids names was meagan/megan/meggan (sp?). Megan spent about a paragraph discussing how the city she lived near had a dome or dome shaped building in it and it led to my teacher talking about Montreal (because of the biosphere) and Seattle (because of the space needle); I can't remember if Megan lived near Montreal or Seattle. If someone could help me remember what this book is, I would be grateful.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
This reminds me of the short story, The Menace from Earth by Robert A. Heinlein.
The story is set on the moon, hence the domes. In one of the largest domes, used to store air, people are able to fly with specially crafted wings in the low gravity.

message 3: by TC (last edited May 14, 2018 08:25AM) (new)

TC Wildstar (tcwildstar) | 2 comments I wish that was it... the part where Megan is discussing the dome, she's in a field... then, when she's trying to learn to fly, her friends and her are in that field with tall grasses that the wind is moving the grass... I remember imagery, but not any facts, sorry. I also remember when my teacher that made me read this asked what I got from the story, I confused the domes for space domes in an off-world place, and my teacher said I didn't understand what I read.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Tcwildstar, are you still looking for this or did you find it?