Support for Indie Authors discussion

Marketing Tactics > Designated Market Areas (DMA) on Amazon Sales by geography Info

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edna (new)

Edna Koelfgen | 3 comments When you're on your own Amazon Author Central Page and go to the Sales Info tab and you click or hover over these areas in Amazon's geographical map, it perpetually shows 1, 2, or 3 books that have sold in numerous areas. However, when you view it again after the Nielsen BookScan done every Friday PT, why don't those reports reflect what you've seen on the map? Nothing seems to change at all and the data reported by Amazon doesn't seem correct (as the map shows sales). Could this mean that some distributors have purchased two or 3 books to try to sell (but maybe haven't)? Also, it seems that every one of those DMA areas all show the same number, i.e. 2 or 3? I'd appreciate knowing more details about this subject. I've read the information that Amazon provides about the map - but I'm at a loss when It's difficult to interpret. Can anyone discuss this conflict I see? Thank you!

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) If you haven't made new sales, nothing will change. This appears to be cumulative and can take weeks or even months to update because Amazon and other retailers are providing the information to Neilsen.