What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Victorian Romance Novel with English woman, plantation

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1 comments I read this book when I was younger, and I could never remember the name of it. It was an adventure romance novel set in the Victorian era, with the main protagonist being a young English woman who is sent away to a rice/sugar plantation in the Caribbean (I think). She is matched, possibly from an arranged marriage with the man who runs the plantation, but does not like him at first. One night, someone attacks the plantation and they both have to hide in a jungle, likely a cave, and one thing led to another, and later she turns up pregnant with his child, and even later, someone attempts to kidnap her. I'm super fuzzy on the details, I feel like the words "journey" and "heart" were in the title, but those searches have proved fruitless. I know that when I read the book, it had a red cover, blonde woman and tan long haired man in embracing in that cheesy romance book cover sort of way. Please help!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:15PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6990 comments Mod
How long ago did you read this Kara? Do you think it might have been an 80's or 90's bodice ripper type book? Do you think that the male model might have been Fabio? Possibly try checking out his portfolio (which is extensive, but still much shorter than the total number of books released in a given year.)

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36887 comments Mod
Tender Fury? Involves an arranged marriage on the island of Martinique.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Kara, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Kara, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tender Fury (other topics)