Challenge Corner discussion

Let's Buddy!- Historical > Midnight Hunter by Brianna Hale - Starting March 12th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 15005 comments Mod
Message from your mod. This is a dark historical romance novel. Might not be suitable for anyone under the age of 18. Please read at your own risk.

He’s hunting me, and there’s nowhere to run.

East Berlin, 1963. I thought I understood the consequences of trying to flee to the West. Death. Imprisonment without trial. Instead I’m being hunted by the most dangerous man in the city, secret police officer Reinhardt Volker.

Now I’m his prize, no longer a traitorous factory girl but his elegant and pampered secretary. He wants to possess me, body, soul – and heart. I’ll do anything to get away from him, but first that means getting closer.

I want to feel only hatred for my captor but beneath his uniform I discover a man with a past as scarred as Berlin’s.

And if I don’t escape him soon it will be too late.

**A full-length dark romance by Brianna Hale

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments I saw a few people 4-5 star this so I am hoping it's good.

message 3: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

I hope I can do this. Normally books where the english is so proper and stuff it annoys me. So hopefully it's not really like that.

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 57673 comments Mod
low key stalking you two.. can I join?

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Alaina wrote: "low key stalking you two.. can I join?"

Yes.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "I hope I can do this. Normally books where the english is so proper and stuff it annoys me. So hopefully it's not really like that."

You can do it!!

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

WOOHOO

message 8: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Oh Alaina! Then we can do this book as a BR in YA too! I'll go make a thread. :D

message 9: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "I hope I can do this. Normally books where the english is so proper and stuff it annoys me. So hopefully it's not really like that."

You can do it!!"

I hope. Lol. I'll start as soon as I get all this craziness on GR taken care of.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "I hope I can do this. Normally books where the english is so proper and stuff it annoys me. So hopefully it's not really like that."

You can do it..."

No problem.

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Felicia wrote: "Oh Alaina! Then we can do this book as a BR in YA too! I'll go make a thread. :D"

LETS DO THIS

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Okay I know I am saying these German names wrong. So wrong.

message 13: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Shoot! I'm gonna start this now. Working on mod stuff has kept me busy this morning.

message 14: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Yeesh! Volkspolizei! WTF! Freakin' forget about me being able to pronounce that. Lmfao.

message 15: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

I can only imagine the names you're refering to Jamie. Lol.

message 16: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Yep. Totally just not even going to try to read these words. Lmao. Just gonna skip over them totally.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "Yep. Totally just not even going to try to read these words. Lmao. Just gonna skip over them totally."

Like his full name. Nope I can pronounce Volker. He will just remain Volker in head.

message 18: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

I can pronounce Reindhart. But only because that game I tell you I've been obsessed with, one of the characters has that name. The D is silent. (:

But one of my friends on here is from Austria so I asked her a few questions about the stuff in this book. Lol.

(view spoiler)

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "I can pronounce Reindhart. But only because that game I tell you I've been obsessed with, one of the characters has that name. The D is silent. (:

But one of my friends on here is from Austria so ..."

I'll have to read your spoiler later. I have been quite busy today and haven't made it further than 2%.

message 20: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Yeah, definitely don't. It's not really a spoiler of anything because it has to do with the blurb. But it kinda is a spoiler a little. Lol. I'm currently at 10%.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "Yeah, definitely don't. It's not really a spoiler of anything because it has to do with the blurb. But it kinda is a spoiler a little. Lol. I'm currently at 10%."

I just got to chapter two. I know few words in German so that helps but the names are a killer to pronounce. Like der Mittenachtsjagar

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments I'm loving this learning of German words. I have already written several down in my notes.

message 23: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

I just skip past them. Lol. Too difficult to try to figure out. Hah

25%(view spoiler)

message 24: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

End of chapter 9.(view spoiler)

message 25: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Currently at 49% but this spoiler happened a couple percents (is that even a word, lol) ago. (view spoiler)

message 26: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

64%(view spoiler)

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Holy moly you are way ahead of me. I had to read more of You last night. That book is so amazing and frustrating at the same time. I damn well know no matter how it ends it will be a five star from me.

message 28: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

I love you!

message 29: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Holy moly you are way ahead of me. I had to read more of You last night. That book is so amazing and frustrating at the same time. I damn well know no matter how it ends it will be a five star from..."

I’m sorry! Lol. Overwatch pissed me off last night. I had only been playing for like an hour and twenty minutes and shut it off because I was pissed. Lmao. So I read all night. And I had insomnia last night and couldn’t sleep. So I just read. We can of course talk about it while you read. But I’m not at work today. So I’m on my phone and I sometimes forget to come on here when not at work.

@Alaina, we love you too? Lol.

message 30: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

79%(view spoiler)

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Holy moly you are way ahead of me. I had to read more of You last night. That book is so amazing and frustrating at the same time. I damn well know no matter how i..."

Well I'm at 25% right now. Don't know how much I will be able to read today.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments 34%

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "34%

[spoilers removed]"

Right! I’ve finished the book.

(view spoiler)

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments 54%

(view spoiler)

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments 68%

Oh sheisse!

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments 76%

What bull shit. This better have a happy ending dammit.

message 37: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Girl! RIGHT! That what I said in one of my spoiler tags up there.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Hey I have this book on my kindle.
Grace Street (Chapter 8, #1) by Ella Dominguez

Do you want to read that next?

message 39: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Yes! What day do you want to start?

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "Yes! What day do you want to start?"

I was thinking if I finish Midnight Hunter today we can do it tomorrow. Or would Friday work better for you?

message 41: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Mar 14, 2018 10:58AM) (new)

I can do either. I'm currently reading a short smutty series with Alaina. But they books are only about 120 pages each and I'm working on book 3 right now. I'm hoping to finish 3 at work today and 4 tonight. I think there are 6 books in total.

But you know I got you with our BRs girl! :D

I just want to put the right date in the thread.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "I can do either. I'm currently reading a short smutty series with Alaina. But they books are only about 120 pages each and I'm working on book 3 right now. I'm hoping to finish 3 at work today and ..."

Well with my reading I will have it done by today as long as I don't get super busy at work.

message 43: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Okay, I'll make it for tomorrow. But I might start on Friday. :D

message 44: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

I'm putting it that we're reading the duology. If that's okay.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "I'm putting it that we're reading the duology. If that's okay."

Yes that is fine. I am on 80% of Midnight Hunter so I am close to finishing. I'm wondering how this is going to end.

message 46: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Oh it's good! Shit hits the fan. You'll know when shit has officially hit the fan. Lol.

And here's our thread. If you haven't seen yet. :D

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 47: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

going to start this book soon - WOOHOO!

message 48: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Yay! It's good! :D

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Alaina wrote: "going to start this book soon - WOOHOO!"

Yay!!

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 17 comments Felicia wrote: "Yay! It's good! :D"

(view spoiler)

« previous 1