Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > The Eleventh Ring -reviewers wanted

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (last edited Jul 25, 2014 05:05PM) (new)

Tom Hoffman | 8 comments Hi all -- I wrote The Eleventh Ring, Book1 of the Bartholomew the Adventurer series. It's a surreal metaphysical fantasy adventure, but I have also been told it could be in the New Weird genre. Who knew. The Eleventh Ring

Here's the blurb for the Eleventh Ring:

VOTED FIRST PLACE ON LISTOPIA “BEST BOOKS WITH A GREEN RABBIT ON THE COVER”!!
"FANTASTIC! GENIUS! MUST READ!!" – my daughter Molly
The Eleventh Ring is a new full-length surreal metaphysical fantasy adventure novel chronicling the very strange world of Bartholomew Rabbit and his transformation from a sedate and naive country rabbit to Bartholomew the Adventurer, the most powerful shaper on the planet Earth. Set in the far distant future long after humans have vanished, this is a new world where rabbits and rodents have evolved to become the highest form of intelligence. Sooooo... if you like heroes, intrigue, evil kings with villainous schemes, talking trees with a thousand eyes, weird science, metaphysics, 10 foot tall robotic rabbits, infernal machines, dismal swamps, mystical islands, and the ever popular True Love – then this is the book for you.

This is from an R2R I recently received:

The story itself is pretty straightforward with a simple structure. But that's besides the point. It's the world building and reading between the lines that made this story as amazing and fun as it was. The ending was a bit of a 'what the hell did I just read…?' moment, but I assume that's just doors left open for the next book to address. To put this away as just another fantasy is an injustice to the story. The world Bartholomew inhabits was amazing, full of intrigue and vividly imaginative. I only wish it came with accompanying illustrations.

I adored Bartholomew right from the start. There's just something strangely endearing about that rabbit. I honestly don't think I met a character in here that I didn't like to some degree though. Yes, even the Tree of Eyes.

I'll just sum everything up by saying that I really cannot wait until the next book is out.

Sooooo...if that sounds interesting, let me know and I'll be happy to send you a .mobi file.

I welcome all reviews, positive or negative. That's how I learn.

Thanks for reading,

Tom

message 2: by Dale (new)

Dale Boyd | 7 comments Tom wrote: "Hi all -- I wrote The Eleventh Ring, Book1 of the Bartholomew the Adventurer series. It's a surreal metaphysical fantasy adventure, but I have also been told it could be in the New Weird genre. W..."

Tom, I'm new to Goodreads (actually been a member a few months, but never really got going) and would love to read and review The Eleventh Ring. You can send the file to: dale.boyd2013@outlook.com.

Dale

message 3: by Tom (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:26PM) (new)

Tom Hoffman | 8 comments Thanks so much Dale. I'll send off the .mobi file shortly. Hope you enjoy it -- it's quite different from most fantasy books (or so I'm told).

Tom

message 4: by Dale (new)

Dale Boyd | 7 comments Looking forward to it.

Dale

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom Hoffman | 8 comments Thank you so much Kannah. I"ll send one to you shortly.

Best regards,

Tom

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Hoffman | 8 comments Kannah wrote: "Hi, would so love to try and review it!! :)"

Hi Kannah -- what's a good email address for me to send the file to?

Tom

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.