Reading Glasses - Fan Group discussion

Currently Reading > Currently Reading - March 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 48 comments Mod
Sorry I’m late! I’ve had a hell of a couple of weeks in my personal life - sometimes life just gets in the way.

Anyways, here’s your place to share the books you’re reading this month. 😘

message 2: by Roland (new)

Roland Le Fort | 9 comments I just finished up The Hate U Give and it was an incredible, gut punching read. The perspective and life of the protagonist of the book is challenging and surreal, but I could see reflections of it in my own life, having lost my father in a fatal shooting in my young life. I cannot stop thinking about this book.

To try something a little less emotionally charged I've started reading An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me about Ingenuity, Determination, and Being Prepared for Anything. I'm about 25% through it and it reads more like astronaut self-help than biography, but it is still enjoyable so far.

message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison (alisonabridged) | 2 comments I just finished Neon in Daylight, which I LOVED. And I just started The Immortalists, which so far is also excellent and is making me think about how I would deal with knowing the date of my own death. (Not well, probs.)

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (heirloomroses) | 1 comments I'm reading Narconomics: How to Run a Drug Cartel. Having studied economics in college, I find this book delightful and can't put it down. It explains how cartels function in many ways like legit corporations would, while also noting the special challenges that come with running illegal and violent businesses.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindawilkins) Just finished Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. Really enjoyed it.

message 6: by PookyGurl (new)

PookyGurl | 1 comments Alison wrote: "I just finished Neon in Daylight, which I LOVED. And I just started The Immortalists, which so far is also excellent and is making me think about how I would deal wi..."

I just finished The Immortalists and loved it! I wish I belonged to a book club so I could discuss the many layers of this book. I don't want to spoil it for you but it's not just a family saga, it's so much more than that. The Immortalists raises so many interesting and thought provoking beliefs. Who/what really steers our destiny?
Nuff' said, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison (alisonabridged) | 2 comments PookyGurl wrote: "Alison wrote: "I just finished Neon in Daylight, which I LOVED. And I just started The Immortalists, which so far is also excellent and is making me think about how ..."

I loved it! I couldn't stop talking about what I would do if I knew the date I was going to die.... I think I would be a skeptic but I keep flip flopping!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stiles | 1 comments Mischling! Hoping it's a good one, I just finished Woman in the Window and was pretty underwhelmed by the end. I need some good recommendations for dystopian books though because I have this shirt coming in the mail! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CGS7NF8

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 1 comments I'm just starting The World that we Knew by Alice Hoffman. I love Ms. Hoffman's writing and am keen to jump in!