What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/book about lead up to school shooting (multiple perspectives)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katharine (new)

Katharine | 1 comments Hello! First post so apologies for any errors, FYI there may be spoilers below:

I read this book maybe 8 years ago in high school, it may have had a one word title. It was told through a bunch of different kid's perspectives in the days leading up to a school shooting, including the shooter(s) (there may have been one person or two working together).

One thing I remember is that there was a religious girl who lost her virginity to the school 'bad boy' in a motel, and she distracted herself during sex by looking at a painting of a beach that was on the wall. I think the shooter(s) also warn another student not to go to school on the day they plan on comitting the murders.

I think the book was written by a man, who also wrote another similar book - this is all I can remember and it is driving me insaaaane.

NB this book is NOT 'Shooter' by Walter Dean Myers, nor is it 'Violet Ends'.

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie A. | 251 comments Quadby C.G. Watson?
Or here is a list of school shooting novels.

message 3: by Murron (last edited Mar 12, 2018 10:56AM) (new)

Murron | 3 comments maybe Hey Nostradamus! By Douglas Coupland

message 4: by K (new)

K | 16 comments Could it be Testimony by Anita Shreve or Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult?

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Maybe Give a Boy a Gun?

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Violent Ends for Natasja's suggestion

message 7: by A.J. (new)

A.J. | 84 comments I second Karen's suggestion of Nineteen Minutes.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16273 comments Still out there, Katharine?