Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

Glossolalia
This topic is about Glossolalia
FRINGE SCIENCE > Glossolalia AKA Speaking in tongues

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James, Group Founder (last edited Mar 12, 2018 02:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11248 comments Am currently reading Glossolalia: Psychological Suspense by Tantra Bensko

Glossolalia Psychological Suspense (The Agents of the Nevermind Book 1) by Tantra Bensko

It's making me aware there might be more to this phenomenon than just Red Neck Christians in the Deep South speaking in tongues as rattlesnakes bite them :)

Non-Christian practice https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossol...
Other religious groups have been observed to practice some form of theopneustic glossolalia. It is perhaps most commonly in Paganism, Shamanism, and other mediumistic religious practices.[50] In Japan, the God Light Association believed that glossolalia could cause adherents to recall past lives.[51]

Glossolalia has even been postulated as an explanation for the Voynich manuscript.[52]

In the 19th century, Spiritism was developed by the work of Allan Kardec, and the phenomenon was seen as one of the self-evident manifestations of spirits. Spiritists argued that some cases were actually cases of xenoglossia.

Glossolalia has also been observed in the Voodoo religion of Haiti,[53][unreliable source?] as well as in the Hindu Gurus and Muslim Fakirs of India.[citation needed]

-----------------

In this video Terence McKenna mentions glossolalia may be some kind of ancient language...

Terrance McKenna Talks About Glossolalia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iQLf...

message 2: by WILLIAM (new)

WILLIAM George Bryant PHD | 21 comments I don't see why speaking in tongues isn't accepted by mainstream Christianity, when it is clearly mentioned in scripture as one of the diverse gifts of the holy spirit.

message 3: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11248 comments WILLIAMw wrote: "I don't see why speaking in tongues isn't accepted by mainstream Christianity, when it is clearly mentioned in scripture as one of the diverse gifts of the holy spirit."

Good point.
Somewhere along the way tho, it seems Christianity lost or purposefully removed the esoteric elements of the religion, like speaking in tongues.

Anyway, do you feel there could also be something scientific to this phenomenon?

message 4: by WILLIAM (last edited Mar 14, 2018 12:27PM) (new)

WILLIAM George Bryant PHD | 21 comments Yes, very much so. When we consider eastern religious philosophy they have always considered the integration of religious and scientific truths. A case in point would be the Vedas had in it word for word the three laws of Newton long before Newton was born.

message 5: by WILLIAM (new)

WILLIAM George Bryant PHD | 21 comments Yes, very much so.

message 6: by Guido (new)

Guido Colacci let me begin by saying I am an atheist, but having said that, speaking in tongues is not something that is a concrete proof or ability, I liken it to dancing with snakes or the healer who walks by the sick person and pushes him and he falls and is cured. Speaking in tongues smacks of a promotional event or an elaborate prepared presentation. Perhaps the writers realized this also and thought better of making more of it.

message 7: by WILLIAM (new)

WILLIAM George Bryant PHD | 21 comments Well you have your opinion, But if one has unmitigated experience of the joy and functions of the spirit , then he rest in the knowledge that good is.

message 8: by Guido (new)

Guido Colacci I have had and continue to have the joy of the spirit and it functions and resides within me only as it uniquely resides in each individual, never the same but always greatness.

message 9: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11248 comments Guido wrote: "I have had and continue to have the joy of the spirit and it functions and resides within me only as it uniquely resides in each individual, never the same but always greatness."

Sounds like just another description of God to me ;)

message 10: by Guido (new)

Guido Colacci God is just a word, the same as vibration, universe, energy, frequency, nature, spirit, soul, etc etc etc. It doesn't matter what word you choose to use. It's all the same. None of these things are a "the" or "singular entity."

message 11: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11248 comments Guido wrote: "God is just a word, the same as vibration, universe, energy, frequency, nature, spirit, soul, etc etc etc. It doesn't matter what word you choose to use. It's all the same. None of these things are..."

I think you hit the nail on the head, mate, in that you're implying (I suspect) we are often defeated by words or language in such discussions. It's hard to fully express what we mean when others have different definitions of words like God, the universe, etc, etc. At least I find it difficult.

Maybe we'd all be better communicating via glossolalia!!

message 12: by WILLIAM (new)

WILLIAM George Bryant PHD | 21 comments True, what's in a name other than a reference that the common can relate to.

message 13: by Guido (new)

Guido Colacci James wrote: "Guido wrote: "God is just a word, the same as vibration, universe, energy, frequency, nature, spirit, soul, etc etc etc. It doesn't matter what word you choose to use. It's all the same. None of th..."
Exactly James.

message 14: by Tantra (new) - added it

Tantra Bensko (tantrabensko) | 74 comments Guido wrote: "God is just a word, the same as vibration, universe, energy, frequency, nature, spirit, soul, etc etc etc. It doesn't matter what word you choose to use. It's all the same. None of these things are..."

James wrote: "Guido wrote: "God is just a word, the same as vibration, universe, energy, frequency, nature, spirit, soul, etc etc etc. It doesn't matter what word you choose to use. It's all the same. None of th..."

I think that's a clever point, as as that's how glossolalia functions for many people, I think, ecstatic utterances of the ineffable glory of our world. It's supposed to be only used to deliver a specific literal message that can be translated by someone who understands the language.

Corinthians says things in the Church were being done in confusion and a disorderly manner with the gift of tongues; Paul exhorts that gifts of the spirit edify the Church and not the individual. Speaking in a foreign language that people do not understand is worthless. Paul rebukes them constantly not to speak unless everyone understands the language or someone interprets into the language spoken by the Church; he also explains that if someone unlearned comes into the Church when many people are speaking different foreign languages at the same time and with no interpreter that they would think they are insane.

I'm not a Biblical scholar and don't have opinions on glossolalia in that sense.

I think we really do need some kind of abstract joyful language that goes beyond words, though, to address the liminal, ambiguous, amorphous, the inexplicable.

message 15: by WILLIAM (new)

WILLIAM George Bryant PHD | 21 comments Tantra wrote: "Guido wrote: "God is just a word, the same as vibration, universe, energy, frequency, nature, spirit, soul, etc etc etc. It doesn't matter what word you choose to use. It's all the same. None of th..."

I understand that the ability to interpret is for physical world verification. But true spiritual communication is a mind to mind type of occurrence there is no need for an interpreter.

message 16: by WILLIAM (new)

WILLIAM George Bryant PHD | 21 comments Remember what happened on the day of Pentecost.

message 17: by Guido (new)

Guido Colacci WILLIAMw wrote: "Remember what happened on the day of Pentecost."
Although the references to the Pentecost is both in the old and new testaments, you cannot interpret anything from the bible literally. The bible was written both as historical fiction to set up a foundation for Judaism and the future generations to come and as a book of instructional fables and as an explanation, though long after the fact of the beginning of Christianity and as a retort to Judaism and the Jews.

message 18: by WILLIAM (new)

WILLIAM George Bryant PHD | 21 comments Guido wrote: "WILLIAMw wrote: "Remember what happened on the day of Pentecost."
Although the references to the Pentecost is both in the old and new testaments, you cannot interpret anything from the bible litera..."

I understand and can relate to your assessment of the written word and it's relation to historical fact, in this case Pentecost was historical tradition but on a certain day of Pentecost the power and reality of the holy spirit was fully revealed to mankind.

message 19: by James, Group Founder (last edited Mar 23, 2018 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11248 comments Tantra talks about Glossolalia (her book and the actual phenomenon) in this podcast chat I recently uploaded....

UNDERGROUND KNOWLEDGE #8: Tantra Bensko (Glossolalia, mind control, propaganda & the classified/secret Hollywood film studio) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bR9V...

message 20: by Tantra (last edited Mar 24, 2018 10:24AM) (new) - added it

Tantra Bensko (tantrabensko) | 74 comments I was inspired to write Glossolalia partly because I sympathize with people who have gone through traumatic events so intense it affects their perception of reality. Even people who have had this mind control done to them purposefully by experts have sometimes been able to heal, which is an encouraging journey to watch.

I like to write psychological suspense novels because our society as a whole has been mind controlled. We all learn things that are inaccurate. The rush of discovering the truth is so visceral, it makes for entertainment, even in fiction.

The Enochian language that is interspersed with glossolalia in the novel was created as a spy code for John Dee and Edward Kelley to aid Queen Elizabeth as she built her empire. John Kelley was a con artist who claimed to learn the language of the angels through scrying. The angels supposedly gave him the means to hasten the Apocalypse and bring it about in the most balanced way.

Enochian materials was core to Rosicrucianism and also the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, the organization which created Enochian chess. Aleister Crowley's visions from the Enochian calls were put into a book key to his Law of Thelema. Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible includes Enochian Keys in The Book of Leviathan.

Enochian magick is commonly used today still by ceremonial magiciackians, occultists, secret societies, cults and Satanists.

Underground Knowledge — A discussion group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Glossolalia (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Terence McKenna (other topics)
Tantra Bensko (other topics)