P&P Romance Book Group discussion

The Wedding Date (The Wedding Date, #1)
This topic is about The Wedding Date
March 2018 - The Wedding Date

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shana (shanaromance) | 5 comments Hi all! So sorry for the lack of updates! A fellow book group member tasked me to update the group today and I took up the challenge as soon as I could :)

It sounded like reactions to this book were pretty mixed! I thought it was a fun light read. Alexa was a much more developed character than Drew, but she was relatable and interesting. What did you think of this book?

Here are some book recommendations that came up during discussion:
Bet Me
The Red
When Dimple Met Rishi

Darbi Bradley (darbibradley) | 22 comments Mod
I feel bad that I basically shamed you into doing this, BUT THANK YOU!

Also, I know a couple people also recommended Mia Sosa's Acting on Impulse.

I agree, that The Wedding Date was a fun light read but it was "too real" in my humble opinion. I feel like I definitely know a Drew or too, or maybe because he was so much less developed than Alexa, he was an easy blank slate to sketch in people I know?

Shana (shanap) | 5 comments Great observation: we're not at a point where WOC representation in fiction (particularly romance) is prevalent enough that a story like this feels "relatable" instead of "there's a chance Jasmine is watching my life through my laptop camera."

Here's a link to "Acting on Impulse" by Mia Sosa for everyone. I haven't read it, but I read the finale of the CEO/Suits series (Getting Dirty with the CEO) and I liked it. Mia was part of the latest the Passion and Prose panel featuring Mia, Eloisa James, Beverly Jenkins, and Lisa Kleypas. I'll put up a discussion topic with some of my notes from that event!

message 4: by Thien-Kim (new) - added it

Thien-Kim (thienkim) | 1 comments I had a blast at my first meeting. I <3 romance readers.

I wasn't a huge fan of Drew (and his plethora of issues), but the more we talked about it him, the more I wanted to punch him for being such an idiot. Not that I condone violence.

Shana (shanap) | 5 comments LOL! You're not wrong, Thien-Kim! He was so wrapped up in himself that he couldn't be bothered to actually deal with his issues. He definitely acted like an idiot. I said it once and I'll say it again.... He needed therapy!

Glad you were able to join! It's a fun group! :)