What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > about a young boy who was abducted by an older man. He kept younger boys in his basement, but he had taken a liking to this one specific boy and kept him around and treated him like his son

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Jordan | 1 comments Hi everyone! I read this book in middle school and seriously cannot remember the name. It was a fairly short book and may have been nonfiction.

The book was about a young boy who was abducted by an older man. He kept younger boys in his basement, but he had taken a liking to this one specific boy and kept him around and treated him like his son, along with some other inappropriate doings.
I remember the older man being on the run from the police at some point and also one of the younger boys being held captive in the basement asking the older boy for help.
I think the older boy ends up being with his family at the end, but it's been so long I honestly cannot remember. I also remember boats being involved maybe? Like when he was with the other family.

Sorry if this is a mess but I woke up from a fever dream trying to remember what book this was so if anyone knows, please let me know!!!

message 2: by Ash (last edited Mar 11, 2018 07:39PM) (new)

Ash | 6 comments When Jeff Comes Home by Catherine Atkins ?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...

The Boy From the Basement by Susan Shaw ?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Counterfeit Son by Elaine Marie Alphin

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments I agree, Counterfeit Son. I've read it. A cellar (basement) is included, and sailing.

message 5: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Counterfeit Son for the click

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Whitney, what years were you in middle school?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Whitney, are you still looking for this or did you find it?