YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Wedding (The Notebook, #2)
This topic is about The Wedding
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > The Notebook #2: The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks --> Starting 11th March

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46290 comments Mod
After thirty years of marriage, Wilson Lewis, son-in-law of Allie and Noah Calhoun (of The Notebook), is forced to admit that the romance has gone out of his marriage. Desperate to win back his wife, Jane's, heart, he must figure out how to make her fall in love with him... again. Despite the shining example of Allie and Noah's marriage, Wilson is himself a man unable to easily express his emotions. A successful estate attorney, he has provided well for his family, but now, with his daughter's upcoming wedding, he is forced to face the fact that he and Jane have grown apart and he wonders if she even loves him anymore. Wilson is sure of one thing--his love for his wife has only deepened and intensified over the years. Now, with the memories of his in-laws' magnificent fifty-year love affair as his guide, Wilson struggles to find his way back into the heart of the woman he adores.

Around 55% (view spoiler)

Jane (view spoiler)

Wilson (view spoiler)

message 3: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Maddison wrote: "Around 55% So I basically had no idea this was the companion to The Notebook, and as I have no idea what The Notebook's about, I was really angry at myself when I figured that out. But now I'm alri..."

I didn't know either until I saw the subheader..lol.
Chapter 1-9 (view spoiler)

message 4: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Is it bad that I am more concerned about Noah than anyone else. Jane is really irking my nerves.

message 5: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 10-12 (view spoiler)

message 6: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments I need a Wilson in my life, that surprise was so freaking romantic.

message 7: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 13 to fin (view spoiler)

I know I loved the whole ending as well! Totally didn't see it coming! I'll update for this one properly after my class in 2hr.

Rae wrote: "Maddison wrote: "Around 55% So I basically had no idea this was the companion to The Notebook, and as I have no idea what The Notebook's about, I was really angry at myself when I figured that out...."

Really? Why's (view spoiler)

Rae wrote: "Chapter 10-12 [spoilers removed]"

I know it's the relationship you want your partner to have with your parents XD

Rae wrote: "I need a Wilson in my life, that surprise was so freaking romantic."

Hands-down the best. I know when (view spoiler)

Rae wrote: "Chapter 13 to fin [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Alley Swan (view spoiler)

message 14: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Wilson and Jane engagement (view spoiler)

message 15: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Jane (view spoiler)

message 16: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Ending thoughts (view spoiler)

Shae wrote: "Ending thoughts [spoilers removed]"

Yeah me too! I thought it would be a (view spoiler)

message 18: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Maddison wrote: "Shae wrote: "Ending thoughts [spoilers removed]"

Yeah me too! I thought it would be a [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Finally posting up this review XD

Only when I was halfway through this book did I hover over the cover on GR and notice that it said The Notebook #2, which then led to a massive freakout on my part. I can't stand hearing about people who manage to read series out of order, and here I am doing exactly what I hate hearing about! I almost had to stop and put the book down, but the fact that I'd already started kept me going. And it made perfect sense too, had no idea it was a sequel. So I decided to just read #1 as a novella, as I don't know what happened in it.
I 100% applaud Wilson for (view spoiler) Honestly, that whole plan of his just astounded me! The fact he managed to pull it off was incredible. Everyone needs a Wilson in their lives, someone willing to just actually realise what women need and do it. I totally felt for Jane when (view spoiler) I cried for her. I can totally see that being something that happens to me, only difference being my husband wouldn't make such a big deal. I love how Wilson was in it for the long haul, and knew it wouldn't be fixed overnight or a few weeks away. That man has resilience, and I respect that a lot.
The ending was so perfect <3 So pleased I got into Spark's books.